Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Not sure. I can tell you that MG makes good shit. I have a bottle of their flux and it works like a charm - very fast wet-out and easy cleanup. They sell on Amazon IIRC.

As long as your boards arenā€™t greasy, you should be good to just start painting it on. A couple very light layers is better than one heavy one.

1 Like

Amazon has it for $13/55ml for both conformal coating compounds

1 Like

Thatā€™s a pretty good deal. One bottle each should last you many, many boards.

Many many mistakes you mean? :joy:

What do for all the ports and stuff?

Iā€™d go right up to them with the coating, and then put a little dielectric grease in them before plugging together. @B264 has more experience with this than I, hopefully we can coax a couple pearls of wisdom out of him.

1 Like

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You donā€™t what you are doing. This wonā€™t end well.

#fullmassivebrianoverload#brianisvibratingsoftlyonthefloorrightnow#fullstroke

3 Likes

Am I able to use a mouse pad as the foam on the inside of my enclosure? I have a some extra large mouse pads that im not usingā€¦ and I dont feel like going to the store :joy:

I doubt they are conductive/able to short my stuff outā€¦ right?

https://www.amazon.com/Reflex-Lab-Extended-Stitched-Waterproof/dp/B00WY1BDZE

40.8V is not the nominal voltage of the cells. 36V would be that.

Can someone answer these two questions please ?

1. Not really, those are good components at good prices. Only way to save is skimp on quality or wait for sales.

2. https://www.bbman.com/belt-length-calculator/

3. Search function is the weird shape Q at the top of the screen

1 Like

Look for e-boards shop on eBayā€¦cheap alternatives but legit quality, catch is shipping time (8-12 days)

1 Like

The calculator canā€™t calculate it with 15T 38T that he is using. It doesnā€™t show 12mm width as an option

The belt width wonā€™t affect any variables in the calculator

2 Likes

I got half way though my balance leads before I realized this BMS has only 12 leads, do I not connect the positive terminal or the negative terminal? I assume the negative terminal gets skipped since it uses a hard connection for it

image image

Yes; correct. Some have B0 (0.0V), some donā€™t. Just use B1 (4.2V) through B12 (50.4V)

1 Like

My calculations say a 275 should do it. That mount has quite a bit of adjustment in it, so one size either way shouldnā€™t hurt.

1 Like

You can use a hand drill with a long socket so you get the same depth

3 Likes

Iā€™d use M4 or M5 to hold enclosures. With loctite.

3 Likes

making a 12S3P pack. Just making sure that I got it right. Planning to make three 4S3P packs and place them in series to make 12S3P. Each 4S3P pack is 6 cells wide and 2 cells thick.

1. Is this correct?
  2. Do I attach the positive side of each 1S3P cell to make the BMS balance wire?

Img_190515030810499-1

This isnt your full battery it only has 24 cells. A 12s3p would have 36 It is very hard to determine if it is all correct without the whole configuration.There should be a balance wire coming off of if set cells. This should help you as it is a 12s3p

1 Like