Ready to go 12s, please check my battery diagram

I guess we are in the same situation then, but we are selling our waters to foreigners because of shitty government :smiley:

2 Likes

This one has better price and more choice https://www.aircraftspruce.eu/tinned-copper-braid-1-4-.htm and http://www.techflex.nl/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=tinned+copper&x=0&y=0

1 Like

this is probably way higher in quality

I bought it from the first one. 14 euro 3 meters not bad compare to the other prices.

1 Like

Last question how do you then place the two parallel cell groups? In eon front the other but do you use something in between, like foam pad? Because since there is the copper braid in between I do not see how to place the foam. The only solution I can immagine is that the copper braid makes a loop above the battery. Do you perhaps have a picture of that type of groups connected and with the damping material? Thx a lot!

Never foam

I mean, do use foam for the top and bottom after the battery is made for shock absorption

Don’t ever use foam for electrical insulation, it will wear out under vibration and short out. Use fish paper or plastic

Also see how I soldered the positive ones first? That’s no accident. Make sure no solder goes under that nickel strip on the positive side

1 Like

Yes noticed the positive first. So actually the two group are phically in contact between them? I know they are electrically connected but I thought metal on metal under vibrarion will affect the nickel strips welds.

I insulate them anyway, even though they’re connected electrically

With fish paper?

yes 

1 Like

Last question so the copper braid is parallel to the nickel strip and you make cut in the fish paper to allow the copper braid to go through or the braid is perpendicolar to the nickel strips and you folded later on when you wrap it with heat shrink?

That’s just what I do, I would trust more the battery professionals like @Eboosted and @darkkevind

I do know the photo of EBoosted’s battery below is one of the best-looking I’ve seen

KmCwUPY

3 Likes

I agree that that battery looks sick! I really appreciate your advice. Now I need to wait for the fish paper. Thank a lot

I combine foam and fish paper (stick the paper to each side of the foam) for combined isolation/insulation of p-groups - foam on its own would get destroyed in a couple of rides

2 Likes

wow thanks! nice diagram. this help me a lot to build 12S4P. those charger already bypass the BMS correct?

1 Like

Yep is the 12s BMS from Bestech D140. Do you see that you can dowload the pptx file so yuu can modify the diagram fro your personal use.

the diagram edited from yours :wink: however i need to confirm about the loop key. is it correct?

diagram

3 Likes

Loop key looks good :+1:

1 Like

As @Andy87 siad, loops key is fine. You already have the antisparks BTW.

2 Likes