HW6.4 based ESC - ESCape

How much did you pay?

With housing, it’s 150 GBP + shipping + paypal fees (if using goods and services) Without housing, it’s 130 GBP + shipping + fees

I paid the full 150, so I’m glad that means I’ll get the case. My package didn’t arrive though… and USPS is still saying “technical difficulties” on the tracking page. I want this thing to arrive already!

1 Like

USPS was weird with mine as well. It’s suppose to be signed for, I checked tracking and it kept saying “OUT FOR DELIVERY”. Came home from work at 8PM expecting the little paper saying I missed a delivery but I don’t see it and I check the mailbox instead. THERE IT WAS and the online tracking said it was still out for delivery. It still says it doesn’t know if it was delivered and posted an alert saying it’s not updated lol.

Check your mailbox if you haven’t already.

1 Like

Is this cut on a DIY router Luke?

Ok so my ESCape arrived last night, and I opened it this morning. First impressions are that it looks fantastic, with some scratches and messy wire due to what I assume is the result of a few thousand miles of shipping.

As far as I’m concerned I can fix and solder the wires pretty easily, and the scratches aren’t a big deal because it’ll all be enclosed anyways. The only thing I’m worried about is how short the positive and negative wires are, as I’m not the fastest at soldering and it’ll get hot quickly.

Anyways, this is my first VESC, so today is research day before I even think about starting this thing up. #1 mission: no drv chips blown.

6 Likes

Be sure to use a high power soldering iron (80W minimum) and follow every stp in VESC Tool to avoid bad things.

80w? Is that really necessary? It’s not likes he’s soldering directly on the VESC.

I would say there is zero risk of melting the solder on the vesc. Just don’t solder drunk and pretin the wires.

Edit: maybe zero risk is a overstatement :roll_eyes: :grin:

No… My old 50 watt Weller station , can do this all day Long. The most important thing, is to use the right solder tip for the job.

3 Likes

Sorry about the scratches :S The wires are like that messy probably because I connected them to my power supply and motor to do tests.

No worries about the battery wires getting too hot during soldering, my soldering iron is 100W and never gets too hot on the other ending of the wire to the point to melt the solder.

1 Like

Got it all soldered up! You were correct, I don’t use 10awg very often and it kept very cool while adding the connector. I can already tell this thing with the heat sink will run wayyyy cooler than my Torqueboards esc.

btw the black on the end of the XT90 is sharpie, not burns

9 Likes

This looks so great ! Maybe it’s time to dump foboxes and jump on these

2 Likes

Yeah how do we order these? Are they currently available? Take my :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:

I want to buy 2pcs as well, with housing ??

1 Like

Just message me. The few I make I sell immediately, so I don’t have any in stock but I keep making them.

Sorry, I dont think I have that file format on fusion360

@stewii maybe it’d be beneficial for you to make a website? Sales don’t look like they’re slowing down any time soon, and you’re going to get a hell of a lot of purchases if people look at a picture on a website of an ESCape marked for half the price of Trampa’s VESC. I’ve also heard rumors of another ESC that you’re working on, so it would help to have both organized for purchase in one online location.

13 Likes

…the focbox killer is here. The focbox is dead, long live the ESCape.

5 Likes

This name disturb me B-Box is the name of my internet router lol :stuck_out_tongue:

There…:point_up:

This is the ESCape, the B-box has its own thread over yonder

Though they are closely related and both FOCBOX KILLERS :smirk:

2 Likes

Exactly what I have done. I contacted Enertion and asked for them to refund the money I paid earlier this year for a product that they can’t deliver.

1 Like