HW6.4 based ESC - ESCape

Thanks for sharing, what is the difference between the housing stewii made and your rendition?

Left-Right we have Orig Stewii design | Gogomrrobot rendidtion | v.2 stewii design. I like the rounded corners on the orig. stewii design for cable routing but not sure what the extra indentations are in the revision that stewii made, any clarifications folks?

In case (sic) it was missed stewii left his v2 design on thingiverse as well

Ok, trying to answer my own question :wink:

The ā€˜dintā€™ in the stewii v1.02 design is for L2 inductor_smd_8x8mm. image

It appears stewii redesigned to leave more alloy inside the casing providing additional cooling to the componentryā€¦nice one since lost metal is lost thermal wicking and it never costs more $$$ to leave metal in place.

Will have to see about changing the design to get back the rounded wire holes which allow for rubber grommets and some water protection. Iā€™m not aware of square gommets but maybe they exist

2 Likes

Are you going to use pcb as top cover? If so thereā€™s no point to use grommets. To use the the whole thing should be redesigned. All the top connectors should be inside the case and go out through side wall with grommet. Are you going to 3D print that?

Donā€™t use that anymore that was actually @stewii he sent me the STL and i shared it here but based on his final pcb its 2mm short. That case did work with the original escapes he sent me. Also now he is selling Vesc fully with aluminum rounded case.

TLDR; Going forward PM @stewii for the STL file for the housing or a link from him he shared on the forum.

2 Likes

Yes, the last one I try, sharing here by stewii is perfect !

No there is a separate cover for the open side of the case which comes with the pcb.

On top of the pcb cover a rubber gasket or 3D printed flexible grommet for keeping any water coming into the case with enough height to space any connectors from being pushed against the deck.

ā€¦loosely thought about probably flaws, enlighten us

edit: done

@Riako thanks, I think are confirming that @stewiiā€™s thingiverse published housing is the corret size? thatā€™s what I made this change against

1 Like

That would be good idea If you have that designed already.

Yes I guess the holes should be closed out some more to allow for fully sealed cables and enclosure height increased to give deck clearanceā€¦up to my tits atm

Hey @stewii, do you have a SLPDRT file of your case ? The STEP file makes Solidworks crash evrytime, donā€™t know why. :neutral_face:

Ok so I have a offer for you guys. I can make a enclosure for ESCape for you. Price is 25euro plus shiping cost. Good thing is that I donā€™t need minimum amount so everyone that is interested let me know (PM).

Guysā€¦ @scepterr @JohnA @akhlut @Surfer @karatektus @gogomrrobot @Boardnamics @banjaxxed stil want some? :wink:

8 Likes

ho ok, I print the stewii folder to hold gently the two ESCape waiting a dual cnc case offer or stewii folder :blush: But it fit correctly, I didnā€™t notice anything wrong. I see your folder change a bit to the motor phase wires. but you also make changement in depth ?

Good to know, Iā€™ll be using a dual plate for the ones Iā€™m getting atm, for the next ones maybe

And a dual version??

1 Like

I only rounded the wire cutouts

1 Like

Oh thatā€™s awesome! Actually I have the ESCape housing, and is really good, just I think a lighter version could be interesting, almost half kilo for two, in a normal e-longboard is a lot!

1 Like

Should have some info next week.

Dual will be lighter.

1 Like

Honestly if itā€™s going in a sealed enclosure, you donā€™t need more than a cooling plate

This is awesome!

The normal ESCape comes with housing right? Mine is due to arrive this afternoon, I guess ill find outā€¦