What is up with Abec11?!

Until then we also can’t definitively say ABEC has the best wheels either. Sure, they are very good tried and tested wheels but they’re not affirmatively the “best” until the other options have been explored. I look forward to finding out.

2 Likes

Some of us have tried all of them.

2 Likes

I rate these wheels by using them and pushing them to their/my limits. That’s why I’m even adding my perspective to this thread in the first place, because experience is king.

Wheels are complicated in that they have multiple attributes that affect their performance. You’re quick to call into ABEC’s sheer size, but what about rebound? Duro? Outer and inner lip shape? The urethane’s ability to stick ‘on top’ or ‘inside’ the pavement? Did you know a wheel’s core has a major impact on how a wheel wears and engages to the ground? What about a wheel’s ability to slide? If it does break traction, you want it to be a smooth event and doesn’t highside you. How do you achieve that desirable attribute? What about a wheels hookup characteristics? What about it’s initiate characteristics? Do you know how different wheel lips can affect the traction feedback you get? There’s so much design and thought that goes into wheels that is often overlooked. Experience does a lot in telling you all these things. I don’t claim to be the greatest at anything, but I have tried enough to know that ABEC’s offerings aren’t remotely the most well designed in most of these departments.

2 Likes

I will say that I have a set of abec flashbacks and they are great wheels. I would also like to more kegel core wheels getting into the game cause basically we have 5 wheels from 3 companies so it would be nice if some other jumped in with a 110mm kegel Core. I have phat deanz specterz and love them to bad they can’t be bought anymore. But would love for that thane to come back.

2 Likes

Phat Deanz thane and Happy Thane are actually very similar. A lot of people switched to Orangatang’s offerings after the Phat Deanz bit the dust.

Also, if you like Abec’s Flashbacks, you’ll really like the Cloud Ride Slides. They’re even more buttery in the slide, but have a much more feedback for the initiate. They also don’t flatspot like crazy unlike the Flashbacks.

Here’s my set: image

Breather?

" time for new ppl kegel I’ve heard and Seismic I’ve heard is coming to eskate world and hopefully knock this fool out of the game …160 bucks for wheels what a joke in my mind and all the eskate ppl jump on it no wonder prices don’t drop. And he is laughing… deep inside… "

This was highly disrespectful, uninformed and offensive.

If you’re fine with it, Take what I wrote to heart because it applies to you too.

Here…This is why I posted here. I haven’t brought up any of the other shit you keep trying to insinuate I’m marketing against. There’s a point here. If you miss it again, we’ll know it was on purpose.

3 Likes

How are these on your eskate?

3 Likes

They’re not converted for esk8, but i’ll put out my experience. Hold on.

Compared to AHMYO Akashas, they’re nearly as grippy but have a much more smooth and controlled initiate and hookup in the slide. Akashas are VERY similar to Orangatang 83mm Kegels, except the kegels have slightly more grip and an even more aggressive hookup. The Kegels will chatter a bit against the ground, so a lot of speed is preferrable. In terms of aggressive riding, I can take all 3 wheels freestyling and pumping, so they all perform remarkably in that respect. I’ll probably convert the Cloud Rides for esk8 for my next build.

For those who need more comparsions/analogues, the Cloud Rides have more grip versus Evolve’s 83mm wheels and Jlab’s thane.

Oh! They’re not?! Really? Am I on the wrong forum?

2 Likes

Is this thread about eskate wheels or skateboard wheels?

I have yet to see and read about eskaters who are out there looking for great slide wheels because they want to be out there sliding their eskates.

I think we like to cruise, race, or carve only.

2 Likes

No, this thread, if any of the current posters read the title is about bagging on Abec 11

and I’m not here trying to put one wheel brand up over another. i make my own wheels as well. I’m here because of the general lack of knowledge and disrespect that popped up today. not to mention the confusion about the focus of this forum.

7 Likes

And bagging on abec is fair. I don’t see anything written about them that I consider unfair. From my research talking to the actual manufacturer abec formula is their formula anyway. And abec charges resellers something like 65% of retail while the rest of the industry from what I’ve experienced charges 50% or even less for OEM. Abec presents as if THEY are some Pu wizards or at least people feel that way but it’s aend. And they’re willing to pour wheels for way less than abec sells for. Yea I think abec deserve some questioning

And there’s always gunna be people who want different attributes. With more rebound and lower duro u lose durability for example

5 Likes

So that’s the funny thing, as I said, my slide wheels have more grip than a majority of wheels already used in esk8. However their thane makes it so that they handle way better in the event the board kicks out. I found ABEC’s flywheels to be more abrupt (and more dangerous) in the event they lose traction.

Wheels that are good for sliding =/= no traction

To me, the wheels I brought up excel in both grip and no grip situations, which is what I think is being overlooked. Even if we don’t want to bring those up, all the race wheels I brought up from earlier are more than adequate for esk8.

Boy @TheCheat please stop your stuff :slight_smile: Looking in past topics they all look the same, you like drama… And people here gets triggered quickly so please don’t do it…

5 Likes

Aend doesn’t pour Reflex for anyone else. Or wheels of that volume. And I’ve ridden your sleeves…so there’s that.

I’ve talked to aend asking specifically about formulas and they confirmed repeatedly they design and formulate. They are chemists who do what u want.

It does seem I do like drama. But actually I haven’t used this account for a very long time. A lot has changed in the meantime, including my maturity to approach these topics with a more analytical and objective viewpoint. I haven’t insulted anyone, and have provided reasoning behind all my statements about how a wheel performs.

Right, They did what Chris wanted and he owns the formula. now are there any other wheels the same size as 107’s with the same amount of urethane/same size hub that cost less to make?

Agreed u didn’t insult anyone and ur being insulted.

1 Like

Easily could be.