VESC Monitor Android App

Being as tired as I am I totally forgot to update the app to test on my way home. Going to wait for the newest update (I usually get app updates quick) and then I’ll go for a test ride. Thanks again!

My raptor 2 is showing red on the power section and %588 volts what does that mean? How Can I get it To read out a proper persentage? I have it set to custom 400wh and 10 cells. Everything else is default. @Ackmaniac

just get the 1.81 version and we are back to the business.:sunglasses:

funny you mentioned about the “No of Motors (Vesc)” because i double checked and for some stranger reason was set 2. i have a single drive and i didn´t change this. (i guess haha) The “Save GPS position” parameter was unchecked and i always leave checked this option. about other issues:

1)my board info is back;

2)the green/red header is back.

3)about motor/battery amps and motor watts i havent tried riding yet, but tomorrow morning i´ll and i think was something related with “No of Motors (Vesc)” like you mentioned

thanks for the app update

edit: i also update to 1.82

Everything works great for me other than GPS does not seem to be working. Anyone else have the same issue?

I have version 1.82 and FW 3.37 (stock) with HM-10 and Android 7. The app says it’s connected but there is no readout. All numbers are 0. I haven’t used it since the weekend and apparently there were many updates recently so I can’t really tell with which update it stopped working. Does anyone else have this problem?

Did you try to restart the app a couple of times to see if it helps?

Yes. Really killing it and starting again a few times. Also just waiting for a minute or so while it’s connected. Sometimes it just takes a while until the values are read out. But I’m not at home now and will do some more testing tonight.

So it works sometimes?

Since the last updates it hasn’t. Last time it worked was on Saturday, I think. But as I said, I can’t recall which version I had then.

Please switch off the board as well when you restart the app so that the bluetooth module get’s restarted. Have one type of modules that has issues and only works after i switched the power off and on again.

OK, thanks for the advice! I restarted the board a few times, but as I said: I’ll do some more testing tonight.

:+1::+1::+1: @Ackmaniac :+1::+1::+1: Just awesome, thank you for your app

Love this app! The only problem I have is the video is upside down. I have a Nexus 5x. Anyone else have this issue?

Go in the video settings of the app and select the layout “left and right”.

@ackmaniac do you think it might be possible to explain about the hm10clone-oreo trouble in the description of your app at the Start of this thread? This Problem will not resolve itself and there will only be more oreo users as time goes by… Once we know a source for genuine hm10 Modules you could link those… But as of now if a new user tries this with oreo it will not work!

1 Like

Based on the blog I linked here https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/vesc-monitor-android-app/20888/479?u=rey8801. On Ali I found this HM-10 that seems to be original. HM-10 Transparent Serial Port Bluetooth 4.0 Modules Bluetooth Serial Port With Logic Level Transformation http://s.aliexpress.com/FJBJJ3qI?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard more expensive then the clones but still rather cheap. You can always ask to the seller ci formation that you are going to get the ordinal one and not a copy.

I just ordered this one: HM-10 Aliexpress It is sold by the “keyestudio Official Store” so it seems to be legit … I will let you now if it works with oreo once it arrives …

The breakout board brand seems the same with different design. I hope it’s good one.

@Ackmaniac, 3 question

1. Is there a way to customize notifications receive on my android watch from your apps? I only see battery % but i would also like to see speed .

2. Do you know why my temperature box is red even if temp is at 30 degree ?

3. Why the apps freeze when I push my home button and try come back to the apps ?

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately it still does not work. I think I found out why. Apparently, the sensor is mounted in the phone upside down from the factory for space considerations… Here is the article, if you are interested:

Thanks again, Love the app still.

Paul