VESC Monitor Android App

awsome app @Ackmaniac !! I have some problems though. since it was the fastest i bought a bluetooth HC-06 locally since i didnt want to wait for like a month for a hm-10 module. But i cannot connect to it, actually i dont really know if the app detects it at all. My phone’s bluetooth detection shows HC-06. I guess my questions is does this work with HC-06 module with 9600 baudrate? or do i need to get a HM-10 module. Thanks in advance

Niklas

You need to get a hm-10

Alright, as i thought :slight_smile: thanks for the fast answer !

I took a quick ride today, but I can not get few things from app.

max km/h: 41,9? I don’t think that I was going so fast… what can cause that misscalculation? :stuck_out_tongue: (wheels set to 230mm, gearing 8/48)

range: hard to believe it :face_with_raised_eyebrow: battery was loaded to 93%, I did 8,38km (12s cells, 25Ah)

Any suggestions?

Guess you lifted the baord once and let them spin at full speed for a short time. That is neough to reach max speed for the app. It takes the wheels speed and not gps for max speed.

And at a average consumption of 17.520 Wh / km you can get max of 63.3 km. And 76% of that is around 48.1 km. And that would mean you need to drain the battery totally.

In reality you won’t even get that far with that consumption because you have losses here and there. And you would need to empty the battery completely. So i recommend to set only 85% of your theoretical Wh. So in your case 1110 * 0.85 = 944 Wh which would give you a range of around 40 km with 76 % battery left like in the picture.

And you have 9 inch tyres and a 8/48 ratio. Very unusual, can you give some more details.

And you battery settings are for sure not realistic. For your E-Golf batterys i don’t know exactly but i would recommend Li-Ion values: 100% - 4.2 90% - 4.07 80% - 4.02 70% - 3.94 60% - 3.86 50% - 3.79 40% - 3.715 30% - 3.635 20% - 3.525 10% - 3.435 0% - 3.26

chain drivetrain, 8 teeth on motor, 49 on wheel, 05b-1 chain

I don’t know why, but my charger is reaching only 4.1V, can I load it with lipo profile so it will be loaded to 4.2V?

BTW, thank you for answer :smiley: having that BT connection is kinda new for me, but very exciting at the same time and your app is a king :smiley:

I have no idea. Google is your friend. But i don’t know a Li-Ion cell that should be charged to 4.1V max.

just released a new version 1.84.

Status Bar notofications now also have the speed as value. And it is possible to activate “Fast status notifications” in the settings so that each data update is also forwarded to the notifications. This should help that the you can see the actual speed on your smartwatch. I don’t have one so it would be great if you can give it a try and report if it works.

And the Board Info screen now shows the values for both motors together. Before it was only for one motor. So maybe it’s good to reset the value by doing a long click in the board info screen. Or at least you can reset one of the trip meters.

2 Likes

Your apps look incredible but I have an issue. I am using an HC-05 and i’m able to connect to the vesc with the BLDC tool on my PC through bluetooth. It is connected on my Master vesc with PPM+UART mode. (Uart in 9600bps) When I try to use your app I can’t find my module in the list of device. I can find anything else but not it. (And it is not paired with something else) Any idea why ? Thanks

Because the app needs a Bluetooth Low Energy connection. And the HC-05 is for standard Bluetooth which the app doesn’t support.

Crap, I can’t find any application which work with that module. Thanks for the answer. Would you share the code than I could adapt it ? (Couldn’t find it on your github :slight_smile: )

1 Like

It’s not open source.

@Ackmaniac Iv’e been using your app for the past week and it’s awesome. Thanks for all the hard work.

1 Like

OKay, thanks anyway. I will buy an HM-10 to use your fantastic work

1 Like

Updated to latest version (from 1.80) and app shuts down as soon as I try to connect to the BT-module.

Worked fine on previous versions. (Running off a Sony Xperia z3)

Seems i made a mistake somewhere. I just released a new version 1.85 which hopefully fixes the issue. If not then i need to have a look tomorrow.

1 Like

I will update the apps and test with my smartwatch. I will keep you posted.

The issue remains. As mentioned, last version that was working for me was 1.80.

Never tried the 81 to 83.

@Ackmaniac V 1.85 crash as soon as I click on my bluetooth module to access my board main panel

Will fix the issue today. Currently no access to a board

2 Likes