Stooge Race Wheels

@Sender might be able to help

Did u see any range difference between the stooge and the abecs?

I did a search. https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/the-racers-room/29126/1035?u=moestooge If you read all the post. I was 19.6wh per mile with my gear driven high efficiency Inrunner. My other tester reported his mileage was same as his AT setup which was an Evolve Carbon GT.

1 Like

19.6 watt hr per mile avg

That sounds like they are really efficient! @sender can you back this up?

2 Likes

I’m putting in another wheel order in a few weeks and have two slots open. Send me a PM if your interested.

2 Likes

Actually on my 10s system, my efficiency did tank a good bit.

On 107s with 18/40 I was doing about 20ish wh/mi in average/average aggressive riding.

On the Stooge wheels the same set up with 18/42 on then (120mm wheels) I get upper 30s to low 40s wh/mi.

For somewhat similar riding. They don’t free wheel like 107s is where this jump comes from. I also may jump off the line a but more with them because they stick so well as well…so there is that.

But my god are they asphalt glue. I really like the feeling despite the efficiency loss.

8 Likes

Sender and this for the race or street version?

Street version. Forgot to add that.

20190211_092956

10 Likes

Have you tried them on wet/damp surface? How do they handle that compared to abec 11?

4 Likes

Oh yeah.

10 times better. I felt safer than I ever have on wet roads honestly.

11 Likes

You think the big jump in power usage is due to the foam? Am I right that the race version have less foam, maybe a bit more efficient?

1 Like

Dropping the motor pulley to 17t will put the gear ratio close to what you have with the 107s. Watt hr per mile on the street wheels should land on the upper end near AT tires between ATand PU.

1 Like

Exactly, I don’t care at all though. I’ll take the speed

Thats why I want to go 12 s this time

4 Likes

Hell yeah dude

8 Likes

I have the 13s BMS.

I plan on playing with layout.

City Slicker 2.0 deserves to be a 45 mph build.

Just think. 13s6p on 18/42s

Big gasket to accommodate double stack so no problem there.

Ollin Vescs!

What a fucking fusion.

@psychotiller mounts on Surf Rodz Trucks

@MoeStooge Street wheels (get a set of race wheels for game day)

@chaka Ollin escs

Yup. Gotta happen now.

9 Likes

Mematic_meme_20190211_083032

11 Likes

Exactly my sentiment about desparaging comments made. This wheel has been a collaborated effort between myself and a racer who builds race wheels. This wheel was purpose built with its intent for electric Skateboard racing. The Street wheel was built for the world record board and has been tested @63mph. It has better qualities for cruising “Street”. You are in no possible way, going to buy this wheel “off the shelf”. It is an Esk8 racing wheel, designed by racers for racers.

8 Likes

Disparaging comments? Thicken up your skin Brandon, over the past few days you have lobbed several insults my way and even referred to me as a loser even though the first three boards up the hill with actual skate wheels were boards I built taking 4th 5th and 6th overall. Poor taste man, hope you bring the same rhetoric to bakers once you are not hiding behind that keyboard.

I was genuinely interested in trying out these wheels but after seeing how poor the efficiency is on them they fall outside my parameters for long distance racing.

See you in Bakers! :wink:

1 Like

Jerimiah Clark. I can clearly see that we have two separate paths here. You are a skateboard purest stuck to the confines of traditional skateboarding. I’m moving in a complete different direction. I’ve stated this before, you be you an I’ll be me.

7 Likes

Maybe you don’t intend to, but your replies/questions can come across like an ass. (just saying… As i have non EN speaking colleagues who have no clue how rude of a written language they have… )

1 Like

Yup, I will! You keep on being “that guy” at the races. Be sure to come by my camp, you know, that place where everyone was able to charge their boards… we need to hash some things out.

@Gerrycorrado I am not from the EU, I’m just an asshole.

5 Likes