Not so private, creeping on ESK8

I still don’t get it.

3 Likes

forum.

You know i’m not going to steal secrets out of your PMs because you’ve probably already told me and trust me to keep them secret anyway. God, so many fucking secrets…

13 Likes

Please don’t make this whole thing bigger than it is… Has anybody stolen anything from you? Any industry or development secrets? :slight_smile: If not, just not use the pm function…

1 Like

I understand people being upset that Jason is looking at private pm, however I think that most people are making a bigger deal out of this than it should be. Vendors have a right to be angry, but at the same time you guys should be using a more secure form of communication. Yes what Jason is doing is immoral, but would Google employees talk about upcoming projects through Facebook?

2 Likes

Just keep sensitive material to your emails if you’re that worried about it. I don’t think it justifies basically not being part of the community anymore. This is pretty normal for admins to have these powers on every Forum I’ve ever been a part of.

6 Likes

You didn’t tell anybody about @brenternet and that video with all those dudes doing that stuff to Brent, right?

Just making sure no one else knows.

Brent would be mortified if that little indiscretion got out…

5 Likes

It is still good to have a dialogue about it to keep newcomers from divulging anything they want kept hush.

4 Likes

I completely agree, from now on when some one wants to buy something from me or vice versa, I’ll just say m me :joy:

1 Like

It’s a good idea to take normal customer relations off site too. This day and age that can be difficult, emails are a chore for a lot of peeps.

I hate using email lol. To much adultfriendfinder adds.

1 Like

I have 2 ways of looking at it if you are sharing ways you do certain stuff and only a few people use it then it can be a benefit to the community. When I first started on here there was very few people who actually used glass frit. I know LHB and I were part of very few that talked about it. Since the glass frit post I have seen alot more people use it and that is great I learned it from someone who used it on his boards as a way to show the different colored wood he used and the natural grain.

However using the spy to basically spy on the competition for your own personal gain and not giving the originator of the idea atleast some credit is wrong and unethical and unmoral. The sad thing about business today is that everything is so cut throat today that a majority of people will shake your hand and stab you in the back with the other hand. Just be up front about stuff and steal others ideas and then lie about it and claim them as your own.

2 Likes

I joined @longhairedboy seems lonely.

@treenutter keep typing :grimacing::rofl:

3 Likes

walking into this forum and using it to talk business then complaining that the admin saw your business is like walking into a shark tank covered in meat and wondering why you’re being eaten.

I mean how stupid are you.

don’t fucking do business here that you don’t want to be everyone’s business.

been having this conversation with people for over 20 years now. You’d think the idea of the internet would finally sink in with people.

12 Likes

I don’t think anyone is complaining, more of a PSA than anything else.

But… if you are the type of person who is used to keeping shitty company then yeah, it’s a given.

3 Likes

Oh Gosh fdsdfs

4 Likes

7 Likes

Don’t reignite it

While I agree, this all started small, and a lot of people start things with no intention of selling it and then do. So you could talk about things for your own use, but it later become business.

I get the comparison of talking about google projects on facebook. But that’s the big leagues. This is small stuff in comparison. I wouldn’t expect this in such a small industry and with such small companies.

But yes more people should be aware of the very limited privacy you actually get on the internet, not just here. Most apps social media outlets and forums all have access to your messages.

i come on here every day and answer questions about my boards and what’s in them and how they’re built in PMs.

I share nothing of value. NOTHING.

yeah i use silicone wires. Yeah, you want to jump your p-groups with wires, not weld them. Yeah, split PPM doesn’t use the power lead, just the signal. the list goes on.

none of that shit is trade secret, none of it matters. There is so much shit i don’t tell people.

Not since Jason named his board the Raptor have i ever told anyone anything of consequence on a forum.

None of you should either.

3 Likes