Not so private, creeping on ESK8

Address and phone number is of value but i mean… :grimacing::zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

8 Likes

It is true but only Admins can.

4 Likes

So here’s my email, you can send it all this way!

2 Likes

I think we should all still share, I share way too much but it has helped a crap ton of builders. The info has been parroted so much that most builders don’t even know they are using or suggesting my techniques. Credit is cool but not a big deal.

8 Likes

Exactly. People assume way too much privacy on the internet.

Internet privacy started at zilch, zero and hasn’t made huge strides since for the vast majority of users. Really only the illusion of privacy has increased.

Unless you are pro-actively taking steps to ensure it, you are best to assume that nothing is ever private on the internet.

4 Likes

People are copying my concave. People like to do cool things with wire channels now. More people are poly/glass gripping their boards then ever and hardly anyone uses a top-side lid. More people are using BMSs and trying to build their own 18650 packs. It’s god’s work that we do, and every time i see SMD caps stacked 2 or 3 high on a 4.12 variant i think of you.

9 Likes

Just upset because you weren’t invited Timathy

4 Likes

What’s fucked up is I even called ahead. You were spent when I arrived.

2 Likes

@chaka you know you’re one of my favorite esk8 dudes but I think this post incited an unnecessary panic for everyone.

The ability to see PMs is something ONLY SYSTEM ADMINISTRATORS have access to, and it requires extra steps and is not something that is available directly at login. It requires specific backend action to access a user’s account - there isn’t a “Read everyone’s DM’s” button.

Every online discussion platform I’ve had access to has a way for this to happen - the exception would be platforms with encrypted 1:1 messaging. It should not surprise anyone that it is possible for unencrypted messages they send to people online to potentially be viewed by the administrators of a platform - that’s the price of admission for using resources online isn’t it? Google uses your gmail account for marketing and intel. FB scans your cookies, we all know this. So don’t conduct business transactions or highly sensitive discussions over DM. That’s a good rule to follow everywhere online, not just here.

@chaka if you want to call out a specific person for a specific action, as you sorta-did, and you want to do it publicly, go ahead and do that. I agree that any misuse of administrative privilege is alarming and if there is proof of that happening, I think it’s fair to make that proof publicly known. Otherwise it just sounds like you’re talking trash.

There are two admins of this forum, which as noted, is an implementation of Discourse: @onloop and myself

I’m an an admin to manage and operate the forum on a daily basis. I do this as a volunteer to help out the community. No one pays me and I don’t get anything for it besides the good feeling that I’m helping our community to grow. I’m here to help to maintain balance in all of our interactions and to do some of the boring work that’s needed to make our sharing possible. That’s one of my donations to the community.

Hopefully I’m not getting lumped in with others that might have misused the ability that admin status affords them.

22 Likes

Now EVERYONE knows you’re talking shit. I will jizz foreverrrrrrrrr

2 Likes

Still though, I don’t think the answer is “you should have known”. It’s like keeping your creepy uncle a secret

By the way, that concave is a standard offering from the company that made your mold. Stop fluffing yourself.:kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Tell me the company that made my mold and keep your kissy face in your pants.

1 Like

:musical_score: It always feels like, somebody’s watching meeeeee.

Haha, you don’t remember telling me over the phone? For real though, not a big deal. Just don’t pretend you designed and modeled your mold

If you remember that, then you’d remember everything else i told you about it. Including the fact that i fucking drew my own concave and sent them the drawing. There was nothing standard about it, the motherfucker argued with me over it.

Stop instigating shit.

Just calling you out, people long before us are responsible for the deck shapes of today.

1 Like

I’m not going to have another 9 months of not talking to you J so i’ll just spill my beer in your lap and say i’m sorry in a very sarcastic tone.

8 Likes

Mom and dad stop fighting. :frowning:

tenor%20(5)

12 Likes

When we talked we were both in agreement that it is in the best interest of the community to not have someone at the helm who also has massive interest in dominating the industry. Sure this post has ruffled feathers but it has opened more eyes to the vulnerability.

3 Likes