Not so private, creeping on ESK8

Long ago we all found out Jason was viewing our PM’s. Many of us started moving our convos off site to counter the invasion our privacy. To our knowledge it was only Jason who was capable of viewing our PMS but some of us have come to find that all admins have the ability and sometimes do view our PM’s.

Edit: Would be great if this was openly shared so new players in the scene would know that PM’s can easily be viewed by the owner of this forum. If you want to share sensitive info do it through a more secure method.

I also want to apologize to @treenutter for lumping him into this post, it was not my intention. Word was getting around that moderators could also view messages but that has been cleared up by members with experience in how a forum like this functions. The intent of this post was to open the eyes of some of the newer members/young innovators and to make sure their stoke for designing and eventually marketing something new is not snuffed out.

19 Likes

This isn’t even true…?

I can’t speak for Jason’s ability to see Pm’s. But as a moderator, we can’t see anyone PM’s.

At least, not that i’m aware.

What’s with the shaming? The Moderators are doing a community service. No need to bash them…

4 Likes

I was under the impression they can only see the pms if they have been tagged. Tagging a mod is basically an invite into said pm.

8 Likes

Not shaming at all, but there is something shady going on.

3 Likes

This also isn’t true. I have been tagged in PM’s but dont have access to the conversation. I just get a ghost notification

Well it seems like you are accusing with no evidence.

If mods are reading PMs then they need to be called out. It’s not bashing anyone.

4 Likes

But ive witnessed it happen sooooo…

14 Likes

Key word

10 char

I was told some mods and Jason could view PM’s but yeah it crosses some lines.

And it’s not bashing

2 Likes

I have to see it happen. This is the first I even hear about this topic.

As have I​

3 Likes

I havent :hushed:

Juicy

Inb4 thread gets deleted.

5 Likes

@moderators Input is needed… Can you see PM’s? I cant thats for sure

2 Likes

Capture%20_2019-02-08-10-42-41 Thats a guilty face if I have ever seen one lol

4 Likes

I only know of three mods with that ability, and its ONLY after being tagged in the pm

3 Likes

I cannot.  

5 Likes

Who are they may be we can ask one of them about it?