Noob question thread! ๐Ÿ˜€ ask your questions here!

10s6p with 30q cell would make 90a correct ? Plan is making a eMTB finally :blush: Also Any 10s6p diagrams on here ? Donโ€™t seems to find one

30q up to 20a (even if they sold as 15a), so itโ€™s 120a :wink:

1 Like

Damn lol guess I also need to find a big ass anti spark switch :joy:

http://electricskateboard.repair/index.php?id_product=41&controller=product

Each of them should be good choice. Or just go old school xt90s :sweat_smile:

paging @mmaner and @longhairedboy I have a question for you both โ€ฆ can bus - OR dual receivers! Im thinking dual receivers for the redundancy. what do you think?

I prefer canbus, traction control is nice :slight_smile:

Forgot to mention, one is a vesc6, other is a focbox, would that cause any problems with canbus?

1 Like

Ive never done that, cant say for sure.

so traction control. is it actually worth it however?

Iโ€™ve run both with and without traction control on a couple of different setups, I can definitely say that its worth it.

1 Like

I think IM definitely going to try getting can bus working then! means i have a spare receiver. might try make it into an indicator circuit then.

1 Like

This again.

It depends on if you enjoy the little things like traction control and using only one USB connection to configure both motors and are buying reliable ESCs.

3 Likes

Hey Andy was just reviewing everything and wanted to double check. I will not be utilizing the P- on my BMS correct? I will be connecting 18awg neg wire from battery to B- then connecting 18awg from CH- to charging port.

Please let me know whenever you have the chance

Depends on your bms and how the connection points named on it. But sound First not bad. Have a look here

To double check it with your bms wiring.

Could someone recomend a more robust charger plug / plugs, that could be found in europe? At the moment, i have this one. s-l1600

Try RS components. Next day delivery in the eu too. Have all sorts of lovely goodness.
btw whats wrong with the one you have?

Thats a question I want answered. Definitely donโ€™t do it till you know. Absolutely know.

1 Like

Man I have had a strange one On vesc tool when I configure one vesc (Split ppm) the same values appear when I configure the other one even though Iโ€™m setting them up as individuals. Never used to happen is it a vesc tool peculiarity? Or the normal because Iโ€™ve always had to assign the values individually with split ppm. confused.

actually not bothered really because it works. and its cool. less tapping. as you were.

Iโ€™m in the midddle of planning my secound build, i planning on going with a 12s lion pack with bms, would i be able to use my current dual 6s balance charger by putting them in series?

@trampa Do you know if your Vesc6 is compatible with a focboc for CANbus? (Vesc6 as master)

Am making a franken board. dual Kv, 3d printed mounts, differential gearing and obviously vesc6/focbox combo