Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Battery protection and battery management are different things haha

1 Like

Yea, so maybe their CS need to bring more accurate info, coz they said clearly to me, the unity is also a bms and no need to use bms on battery pack.

that´s interesting… CS shouldn´t misslead things like this, but maybe we just wrong. @onloop can answer that question, or @okp . I think he got one test unit from the unity too. Will the unity replace the need of a bms? yes or no

Ya, let someone clarify this.

No way that’s it’s a BMS , and I would never run batteries without one, (much less leave the responsibility to a esc). It’s better to have Speed Contoller do speed contoller things rather than have it try to do everything . Separations of responsibility and redundancy is should be #1

2 Likes

@nuttyjeff @Andy87 @XTLA @Jc06505n

I’ve been trying t figure this same thing out along with a couple others and this thread was the closest to what I was trying to find. I just blew a 10s3p 30q randomly out of nowhere that won’t charge or discharge properly (or at all anymore FML) so def want a BMS on any build I do.

I have a raptor 2 coming this week and I know they have a BMS. But I also have a spare R2 SPACE battery coming I plan to use on my main DIY builds and want a BMS, enertion hasn’t been much help getting the answers I need related to this so figured the community could help a lot more…

• Since the SPACE cell from Enertion doesn’t come with a BMS is it fine to use any 10s BMS?
  • Is there a simple way of adding a BMS to the space cell or is the battery going to need to be disassembled, wired with BMS, reassembled back together, wrapped, and then put in heat-shrink again…?
  • Any BMS anyone recommends since Enertion won’t at all (really think they should cell BMS to people who buy a spare battery)
  • Anyone know if the spare battery comes with an enclosure too?

Any thoughts, advice, or input is welcome.

I don’t know the space cell, but if it’s a 10s than go for a bestech 10s bms like this https://eskating.eu/product/10s-bestech-bms-80a-10s4p/ Or get it directly from bestech. If no balance wires on the pack than there is no way around to open and install new balance wires. If there are than you need to figure out if the order fit to the new bms you want to use

Ok for sure. Appreciate that. I actually just remembered that Psycho wired a new BMS that’s ready to go I haven’t used yet so can use that on the R2 10s4p battery even though the bat he wired it for was a 10s3p, that doesn’t matter at all correct? Thanks again!

Doesn’t matter if 3 or 4 or 5p. Just the right serial counts or voltage. For you 10s

I think the spare battery comes with balance wire, but my question is if the raptor 2 already got a bms inside, why spare battery didn’t. How to use the spare battery then, plug and play with the current bms (i don’t think its working that way), or if it’ll needed to add another bms, better to know the size of bms that would fit or find the same bms used by raptor 2? Not sure.

It looks that way from when @eboosted was building a pack for it

Nice to have one bms only and can swap battery pack. what kind of bms is that.

Hi, I have a noob question :slight_smile: (so I guess that’s the right topic)

Does all pneumatic wheel vibrate?

I tend to believe it’s due to the valve, and I tried to compensate it, but it doesn’t seems to be perfect, and I since I can’t make it right, I start to worries that it’s something else.

What you compensate with and what did it weigh?. I thought is was something like 1.25oz. Not sure

Yeah but your going to need a voltmeter

can you elaborate or point me toward a thread that details how to use a voltimeter to solve this? I’ve seen this response previously, but never the full explanation. Thanks for responding!

Just need to use continuity test to see which two wires are the main switch . Other wires are probably just for the switch to light up

can we use the symbols on the switch to any advantage? Once i’ve narrowed it to two main switch wires…what about the 3rd spot on the anti-spark? What does that connect to?

Sorry for the super noobness of these questions, kind of bummed by the lack of documentation from Flipsky. Guess they assume a higher level of base knowledge.

hello what do you guys think about this :https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-skateboard-conversion-kit-bundled-set-with-wheel-accessories.html should i get this ? or is it just going to break and be bad quality?

I think I read somewhere that the motor mount doesn’t hold good and break fast. You wanna go single drive I guess?

the 3rd spot should be a ground. In a electronics there is a hot line, a negative line and a ground line.