Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Get a battery meter that reads the voltage for more accuracy. Or better yet has an alarm as well. Look up lipo alarm. Like under 5.00 on ebay

Isnā€™t it one of those where you can switch between percentage and volts? I have a similar, maybe even the same and itā€™s pretty accurate.

To switch between both would be great. But I do like the loud ass alarm

What you mean with it? :sweat_smile: A lipo alarm?

Yeah . There small and cheap. Plug into balance plug. When it gets low you will know. It also gives you voltage of each cell and pack total voltage. Iā€™ve been using them for years in all my r/c trucks and helicopters. They do up to 8s

For my lipo setup i also use the lipo alarm plus the app thatā€™s all I need. Do you know how precious the lipo alarm can measure the voltage? I made a test with mine from hobby king. 4 different pieces, 4 different cell values. About 0.04v depending on which I plugged in :unamused:

Flipsky Anti-spark and DIYeboard switch.

I bought the 10s5p kit from DIYeboard (http://www.diyeboard.com/10s5p-360wh-battery-esc-dual-motor-belt-drive-power-truck-kit-p-590.html). The ESC died. Iā€™m replacing it with a flipsky dual 4.20 and picked up an anti-spark while I was at it.

The switch that came with the board has 4 prongs. The anti-spark has 3 connection points. Can I make this work?

20180925_151411 20180925_151522

Yeah but your going to need a voltmeter

Hey guys. Does anyone know where to find a quality censored motor without any logos? Iā€™m going for the stealthy look and would like to have logo free motors.

If its a sticker logo. Id just heat gun it and remove. if its laser etched. Id spray with a ceramic matte coat to give the desired finish.

1 Like

Okay. Thanks. That would be much easier than trying to find a no logo motor.

1 Like

Just be sure to tape the top and bottom really well so you donā€™t get paint inside. It smells bad :grinning:

Does FOCBOX UNITY eleminate the uses of BMS?

how you come to it? focbox canĀ“t balance cells also not the unity

Naaa just read the advanced feature it has battery protection system, over voltage protection etc, and enertion sell spare battery without bms inside.

1 Like

I just ask them and they said yes no need bms, the unity is actualy a BMS, niceā€¦so i donā€™t need extra spaces on my build :sweat_smile:

I honestly doubt the unity is a BMS thoughā€¦ doesnt have any ports for a balance connector afaik

just checked by my ownā€¦ they really promote the unity as battery protection unit didnĀ“t realised that before. but I still have the same question as you about the balance wires. Maybe iĀ“m blind but i didnĀ“t found any ports to connect the balance wires.

Yea i notice that too, but thatā€™s what they said :grin:

1 Like

it would also mean that you need to charge through the unity :thinking: as min one wireā€¦ this i also donĀ“t see. i think they a bit mixed something up. itĀ“s maybe preventing from over, under voltage plus over current, but i doubt that the unity can balance the cells, while charging and discharging.