Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Thanx Octave. None of the specs on Amazon say anything about the max cells in series and no paperwork came with it. So I’m stuck with 42 volts 37(nominal) and the only question is amperage now? Will a BMS limit the amps to the ESC as I add parallel stacks?

1 Like

Here’s a thread on the esc :slight_smile:

Heres a thread on how a bms works :slight_smile: Hope this helps

Adding more cells in parallel increase the amount of power that can be drawn. It doesn’t mean it will be pushing out those amps when not wanted. The higher the potential amp output is the better to a certain extent.

1 Like

Just to confirm, would that mean the Vesc’s are in series or parallel?

1 Like

LMAO thanx again Octave! I loved the pic of the flaming board :rofl:… As almost everyone mentioned do it for Science I will be participating on this project since I’m stuck with this build until I can save up mucho peso’s for better build… eSk8 is Great!!! You guys would get 5 stars from the BBB for newbie customer service…now I’m going to go break a hip :stuck_out_tongue:

That esc is rated to 18amp per motor. It won’t draw any more than that regardless of your battery amps. Its factory set. Diyeboard sell it with a 10s 5p. How can a million chinese boards be wrong? Its in them all. It will pop on too much voltage though so I don’t recommend 12s. @DayMaker

Oh-My-Sweet-Jesus-OMG

1 Like

Hey guys!

Very noob questions :joy: what kind of straps you used to hold the battery pack. Im currently using Velcro. Can you post a link. What straps you using? Thank you!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: 10 char

1 Like

Vescs always parallel

1 Like

reflashing the firmware seems to have fixed it for now thanks!, never thought that would be the issue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How exactly this should be wired?IMG_20180914_121307

search for Bluetooth wiring…there are a ton of explanations here.

I have no ppm signal in the vesc tool, the remote seems to be paired, and I have only one channel, so it is not mixed, any ideas? Or the remote is bad? It is brand new.

The wires from receiver to motor in right order? Your vesc set up for ppm too?

Yes and yes

Which remote you use? Maybe you can add some pic of your setup too?

Ah and your remote fully charged? When they have low voltage sometimes they have connection problems

Thanx Dareno! I will start with 10s 3p and work my way up…

Does anyone know the name of the 3 bullet xt connector ?

These ones?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.aliexpress.com/item/32693744416.html?source=images

Edit: flat ones https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.aliexpress.com/item/32894812952.html?source=images#ampf=undefined

1 Like