Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Damn! You are gonna fly

:rofl:

I have actually used this build with those settings. Never turned the pro mode On :smiley:

Even in Eco mode I bet is stronger than most of the build out there

Iā€™ll try a fresh installation when i get home, is There anyway to check for shorts?

What are the main advantages of using ackmaniacā€™s firmware? Bluetooth compatibility? But I should be able to use the metr module with VESC FW as well, right?

Iā€™m just trying to decide if I should upgrade to ackm fw and buy a bt module or not. Using a Focbox.

you can use every bt module with the stock firmware and with the ackmaniac firmware. the ackamniac fw is the original fw rewritten to especially esk8ing. so the performance and handling is a bit better as for me.

you can look at the realtime tab on the vesctool if there are any spikes while you test it on the bench. Also look it you have any faults while testing.

1 Like

Iā€™ll have a runing board with out a bms for the next 5-7 days, how bad would it be to charge the pack direclty for one or a few times?

if the cell were balanced before, no problem. Some didā€™t even use a bms at all

they migh be off like 0,1 at max. So i just take + and - from the charger, straight to the + and - of the battery? With out anything in beatwen?

yes but be sure that your charger will stops at the right voltage since no bms will stop the charging phase

If I have a 12S setup and use two Vescs, would that mean each vesc only gets 6S voltage but keeps the same ammount of MAH of the batteries?

I think my battery cutoff settings are wrong. Iā€™ll check what they are when I get home but I changed them from stock settings to what I thought they should be based on some light reading I had done but Iā€™m starting to think itā€™s not accurate. I did a few rides on the stock settings and was able to get around 30 miles out of it (based on how much was left after I rode, did not run it out of juice. For context yesterday I rode 17 miles and had 25% left.

Itā€™s a Torqueboards 12s4p with Samsung 30qā€™s. Do these settings also affect the battery percentage display included in the pack or does that give an accurate reading regardless of the battery settings? What should I have it set at?

First timer here trying to do a budget build. I bought a Hobbysky 24V/36V Dual Motor Drive ESC with the following specs:

Rated Voltageā€¦24V for single belt motor / 36V for dual belt motor Currentā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦16A Powerā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.380W(24V)/580W(36V) 24V ESC must use a voltage above 24V, the maximum voltage can be 29.4V (the ESC wonā€™t work below 24V) 36V ESC must use a voltage above 36V, the maximum voltage can be 48V (the ESC wonā€™t work below 36V)

I also bought ZXMOTO Electric Longboard Drive Kit: ZXMOTO%20Electric%20Longboard%20Drive%20Kit

I wish I had of found this sight before buying parts but now that Iā€™m here; is there a way to make this work? I know the 16 amps is going to be a problem but was wondering if a bms would protect the ESC via the discharge leads? Which brings me to my next problem of deciding what size battery to build based on being able to find a 10s, 12s or 13s 48V bms. I went to bestech for the programmable bms but apparently you have to call them and Iā€™ve also been to AliExpress but could only find a 13s bms for 48 volts. Before looking for a BMS I wasnā€™t even considering a 13s battery because I have a 6s balance charger. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx in advance, Clintā€¦

If you have parallel plug from the battery to the two vescs than no, both get 12s but the max amp you can draw from your battery need to be divided to two. So letā€™s say your battery can but out 80a, you can set your bat max in each vesc to max 40a.

Havenā€™t built the battery yet; still trying to figure the schematics out. This is the ESC that I have:

Hobbysky%2036V%20ESC

Battery cut off start at 3v. Battery cut off end at 2.8v. So 36v and 33,6v.

The battery indicator should be correct as it comes set for 12s. If you buy a new battery indicator you need to set it to the right voltage you want to use.

2 Likes

What exactly is your problem? You bought the dual esc or the single, or is it one for both? Sorry donā€™t know this esc, but if the specs say max 48v than you can run it max at 11s. 12s with 50.4v is already too much. You can find any bms on bestech. Just write them an email. No need to call, they replay usually within one day but they have a min order of two pieces.

1 Like

The esc you have Iā€™m sure is max rated for 10s

Edit: The board is designed for 10s you canā€™t use 12s or 13s because you will fry the board or if you donā€™t the voltage cut-offs will be wrong. The amps arenā€™t the problem here

1 Like

I was going to charge a 12s to 48 volts using the balance charger to get the most life out of the batteries and the most power out of the ESC and motors but Iā€™m not sure if the amperage would eventually kill the ESC so I thought I would add a bms if it limits the amperage to the ESC? I was also looking at getting the 13s BMS from AliExpress so that I donā€™t have to buy two 12sā€™s from bestech since Iā€™m not sure if the amperage is even limited by a BMS to the ESCā€¦ Maybe Iā€™m just making this more complicated than it needs to be.