Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

There is no answer no matter how much you askā€¦we do DIY for the fun of it, the sense of pride in riding your one of a kind board, the adrenaline rush of real powerā€¦get what ever feels right to you within your means, if you wanna settle for a smaller board then go for it, if you wanna make a beast on a budget then you gotta take the time and put in more effort than a kit from a shopping cart

Both will certainly work, many people have them and are very happy with them

On a side note you canā€™t link shopping carts, screen capture it or send a list of individual items (preferably with the hyperlink)

1 Like

Thank you. I needed that :blue_heart:

It could also be that it just doesnā€™t work in bldc. Is that the mode you are putting it in? Try it in FOC as I had the same thing happen with my motors. They are not BKB motors but have seen it happen with different motors.

ah sorry should have said im already running in FOC.

Also there is a bit ā€˜cogginigā€™ as per some of the other threads. Im like 99% sure its the sensors. But iā€™m hoping its just a wire. Im going to admit to doing a bit of a jankyā€¦ ā€˜extensionā€™ but ive checked those and it all seems fine. Total length is still only about 40cm, and the other motor is fine (exactly the same amount of jank was applied to that one)

Dringo.

You could use these with the tkp

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/collections/fatboy-trucks/products/fatboy-35Āŗ-riser-adapter-for-trampa-mbs-longboard-trucks.

This is the reason why the surfrodz adjustable baseplates are so much better and more versitile.

1 Like

Did you solder anything or change anything on the motors? If you just recently got them contact BKB to see what you can do. I would do this before opening the motors to check continuity over the hall sensor lines.

1 Like

I definitely want these, but also $184!? I donā€™t think I can get them if it was my last option

Iā€™m probably going to try welding one together from steel plate or at least bolt one together from aluminum

I think there is a 3d print file that I have seen somewhere that someone printed there own risers if you have access to a 3d printer.

1 Like

Would it be strong enough at the bolt contact point?

I know I have seen someone use them in a build depending on the material you use and the amount of infill Iā€™m sure you could get it to work.

1 Like

Nah havenā€™t touched the motors Iā€™ve had them for a while, (like probably close to 10 months while sorting a battery) only spun them up this weekend.

Iā€™ll re do the extension just as a sanity check then ask bkb for some guidance.

I think there is a safer way, I can use one bolt per hole if I get 20mm and 50mm bolts and washers at the end, then the print is only under compression and has no weak point where the nut sits

Check the extensions for continuity and then talk to BKB as maybe he will give you a deal like half off a motor or something but cant guarantee anything as it is has been 10 months.

Is there a safe way to cut pcb material? Iā€™m trying to separate my BMS so I can waterproof it and the only think holding it together is the temp sensor wire which runs though a hole near the edge (maybe 2mm of material)

I would say no just conformal coat over it

I want to separate the halves so it easier to work with, but Iā€™m costing everything with acrylic, as per b264ā€™s instructions

I would coat it as is as you run the risk of damaging the board by cutting it.

Why dont you take a picture to show us what youre talking about? Worst case scenario are you comfortable unsoldering the sensor?

This is the connection Iā€™m trying to remove, Iā€™m in class so this is the only pic I have. I have the pins out but the 2 white wires are still there and the plastic end doesnā€™t fit in the hole

I think itā€™s a BesTech 223v1

image http://www.bestechpower.com/htmledit/UploadFiles/2014111131958142.jpg image https://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/optimized/3X/e/7/e79bff509e60018e7c2acadf09a14fd0effab84c_2_375x500.jpeg

34 So youre inquiring about cutting here. I think it could be done, especially if you dont see any traces on the PCB. But i must ask. If you unscrew the thermal probe, wont it give enough clearance to the bottom in order to unsolder?

1 Like