Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

5,5 single bullets are a joke for me, are there any triple connectors for phase wires?

MT60 and SR30

I consider these of a too low amp rating.

If you have a printer that can do nylon then you can print an ‘MT90’ or ‘SR90’ by heating 5.0mm bullets and shoving them in

Nah, Paris II baseplates

Paris works as well. It makes what skaters call prandals.

2 Likes

If I get that baseplace I might as well get this one because shipping, kingpin, and bushings?

i want to have smooth breaking im using dual hubs 12s4p pack fast charger and a drop down deck with shred lights

I really don’t know. Get two Flipsky 4.20 or 6.6 or a Flipsky dual 4.20, or 6.6 or a focbox unity or two vesc6 from trampa. All will work. It’s up to you.

I used it on a condom last year and its still holding fine. Cheaper than a vasectomy.

3 Likes

Mr 60 are a good connector and able to handle pretty high current. Mt60 tend to come apart at the rear cover and then you run the risk of a phase short and you don’t want that. Whatever you use always shrink tube them.

Also a dot of silicone under the shield

Be a bit careful when using a neutral cure silicon on electrical components because until its dry it conducts electricity. But yes it works very well as an adhesive.

2 Likes

Volt meter to check for continuity?

Sure but I would just wait till its completely dry before electrifying anything to be safe.

1 Like

And rightly so! :stuck_out_tongue: Seriously though, if sleeve retainer works for you, that’s great. Just be sure to do a bit of torture testing before you go on an adventure to make sure you don’t end up high and dry somewhere along the way. :+1:

Read again my original post.

All of my board use at least grub screws and keys (when available) in addition to anaerobic retainer.

3 Likes

For example, we have Li-ion battery 12S6P (3.7V 2500mah per cell)

• Voltage: 12 cells * voltage = 12 * 3.7V = 44.4V
  • Capacity: 6 packs * capacity = 6 * 2.5Ah = 15Ah
  • Watt-hours: Ah * Voltage = 15Ah * 44.4V = 666Wh

We have VESC which can provide 12S 35A with no heating. So it can give us 44.4V * 35A = 1554W of power continuous.

Doesn’t it mean that under this load VESC can completely discharge 12S6P battery for 26 mins (666Wh / 1554W * 60mins) ??

I’m pretty sure I’m wrong in calculation but can’t get where… But if not… only 26mins? source

You are correct, if you draw that 35A continuously, you only get 26min before you’re spent. Luckily for you, that 35A is a maximum, not a constant - most of the time while cruising, you’ll be using like 5-10A at most.

2 Likes

I still can’t link it with a range and speed. 12S6P is huge battery, and according to info by @Clonkex 666Wh give us nearly 67 km of range because average consumption is 10wh/km. Then 50Amp should fully cover all our power and speed needs. Isn’t it?

But if it is, i don’t get why people like dual motors and VESC with 80A continuous at 12S. it’s about 8000W total power. Suitable battery will be 12S16P (192 cells) and it is just for 13 mins full throttle.

What the difference in speed at 10A and at 50A on the road with no hills? I mean if change gear ratio.