Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

I wasn’t aware ollin vescs had built in e-switch? Perhaps @OllinBoardCompany or @chaka could help out?

1 Like

To my build I will probably go with this board: https://www.tactics.com/landyachtz/drop-hammer-walnut-385-longboard-deck

But it’s curved, and I can’t find any curved enclosures. Does anyone have a link to curved enclosures.

I do an enclosure for the 9two5. This deck looks like it’s might not be a million makes away from that sort of shape? Like these. 01 23 https://www.instagram.com/bbenclosures/

1 Like

I don’t have to go with the walnut deck, I can get the 9 two 5 deck too.Screenshot_20190421-100915_Chrome

1 Like

Solid decks! The internal space afforded by the two enclosures I do is 545mm x 144mm and I do 30mm deep and a 40mm deep version.

I will probably get these batteries:

They are 146x51x60mm

@AlvinB They’re a bit fat to go under a deck. You could look at making the pack up out of 2s packs or 3s? Are you aiming for 12s? Massive wealth of knowledge here.

4 of these?

2 Likes

With 2s Lipo packs you will have more available options for pre-made enclosures which are usually designed for 18650 Li-ions.

2 Likes

Most boards are maple.

How do you remove the hard amber residue left by spot-welding?

Does anyone know what the difference is between these two motors except for the size.

Sk8’s are sensored and sealed, both have a reputation for being reliable but get real word can sizes if you have space constraints because the stats on the site are inaccurate.

1 Like

flipsky dual has lasted me nearly a year now running 12s foc on a high current mtb build. i routinely pull 80+ amps from it and it handles it flawlessly. the unity is bottle necked for power. you shouldn’t need to buy a warranty for a product with issues. the flipsky support has been fantastic on the several dozen products i have bought from them. they dont speak great English, but thats hardly a major issue

1 Like

its appears to be flux from solder… if its not i would try sanding it with a high grit paper. you dont want low grit or you risk sanding straight through the pvc sleeve

How do I remove it if it’s flux?

How do I remove this? It feels stuck. I want to put my finger on the magnet to pull but I’m afraid it’ll snap back and hurt my fingers

jpg_1555879280230

try scratching it with a piece of metal. itf it crumble easily it is flux. flux looks and feels much like caramelized sugar. if it is flux just go ahead and gently scrape it away with a knife or something

I can tell you the differences between those motors my friend. As @brenternet said one is sensored and one is not. Internally they appear to be the same component wise and since the bearing upgrade the sk8 is a much improved unit. The sk8 is more powerful than the sk3 by quite a bit too but I did have a sensor pcb fail on one of mine but apparently that has been fixed now also. That said the sk3 has been around the model aircraft industry for ages and as such is the most reliable option. I use both btw but the sk3 is my favourite because it runs cooler with the same settings. You just have to give it a little nudge to get going.

1 Like

Bolt the stator to a motor mount/ truck hanger. Then, pull on the mount or hanger with one hand, and the motor bell with the other hand.

1 Like