Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Wrap a string around it. Mark it. Add 20% - 25% to the length. Flatten it. Measure it.

i dont have a stringā€¦

1 Like

Use notebook paper taped together.

DIY!

i dont have a notebookā€¦

jkjk

1 Like

About motor amp. It is said that the max motor amp should be input the max value allowed for that motor. Are Meepoā€™s motors up to 12A? The Torque boards motor is 80A. Can the maximum motor amp handle 30A with Meepoā€™s motor?

I want to modify a longboard deck I got from a college. Due to my bad hip and since I donā€™t have much experience in pushing a board, I want to make it drop through (never tried drop through ever). The only thing I can find that is close to what Iā€™m trying to achieve is this

My board has a shorter wheelbase and I see a risk where the foot might touch the rear wheel when carving since the foot placement will be on top of the truck mount (which doesnā€™t seem comfortable?)

Are there other good reasons why there are few short dropthrough decks with kick tail?

I want a drop through but I donā€™t want to ruin the deck if itā€™s a dumb idea :slight_smile: Here my now shortened deck. 55cm wheelbase.

image image

1 Like

Check your motor specs and set it up according to that. If you want to go higher than that, keep an eye on the motor temperature. If you see the motors get hot pretty fast your settings are too high.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I will check the temperature and decide the amplifier.

1 Like

Short drop-through decks increase the risk of wheel bites. Short decks are structurally high deck heights. It makes kick-push difficult. Short drop-through decks probably have only a small gap between the wheel and the deck.

1 Like

Yes, it totally makes sense! I will let it beā€¦ Thanks!

1 Like

I agreeā€¦that feeling you get when your main board (which you have just invested everything in) breaks downā€¦ sucks big time.

1 Like

20190420_104040 20190420_174308 How does this glass fiber enclosure look? It was my first try and if Iā€™ll use it needs one more layer. I know it not the straightest but itā€™s hard and as far as I can tell waterproof. Tagging the expert @bigben too.

1 Like

Looks pretty wildā€¦ I would definitely give it a rub down and concentrate on getting perhaps another coat on it? Do you have enough of a lip to mount it? What tools are you using to consolidate the mat and wet out?

Hey guys, I have an Ollinboards VESC, And have a question about it. It seems to be ignoring the power button I have plugged into it, and Iā€™ve tried with a few different ones. Is there some setting Iā€™m missing? It turns on and is ā€œarmedā€ as soon as I plug in the battery.

I got a roller to apply the resin and use a ghetto vacuum (clothes bag). With this one the first layer went somewhat whack because I had a weak mold and didnt use enough hardener the first layer. I have a flex where I can make everything somewhat smooth again. I do agree the lips need to be way bigger if I keep working on it.

1 Like

It would help to show the power button, but I donā€™t think thatā€™s your issue.

With esk8 we typically use two types of on and off switches - antispark loop keys and antispark switches

In reality, you could just plug the vesc in everytime you want to ride but

A) people say that the spark wears down the components

And B) you likely have everything under the boardā€¦ No one wants to disassemble their board everytime before they ride it

That being said most antispark switches are poorly designed and break at completely ā€˜randomā€™ intervals, and antispark loop keys are very very reliable, and when they break theyā€™re easily repairable and (I could be wrong here, can someone else confirm? -> ) they pose less of a danger to the board when they fail.

Or you could be onto somethingā€¦ :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I have an XT90-S on my battery so it doesnā€™t spark. Iā€™m more talking about the software power button (the little light-up ones with a power symbol). Clicking it doesnā€™t seem to do anythingā€¦

1 Like

Out of my league :frowning: sorry fam

How is the power button wired? Can you show a picture?