Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Except that if he wants to actually ride the board this year, the unity isn’t really an option unless he wants to pay double the price for a resold one.

I’m in the same position as him, and I want to be able to ride this summer, so no unity for me. The updated flipsky dual 4.2 is probably where I’m going.

Edit: I should add to the guy that he should NOT buy a second hand flipsky 4.2, because they have dodgy caps from my understanding. Only the recent (like last couple weeks) updated 4.2s on the Flipsky site are the ones where they supposedly fixed the issue with uprated components. Not sure if this has been tested by people yet but Flipsky seems to have a semi-decent reputation on here so I would expect it to be ok.

2 Likes

Do you have a link for the build thread for these ‘nifty things’? Someone else seemed to know about it as well, but I searched for ‘mini remote wheel mods’ and nothing came to eye

I think @Mich21050 is working on one

2 Likes

@moon thank you :slight_smile:
Yes I do. There are only some slight delays because of school… :frowning:

1 Like

Unity has a couple extra features, but the FS6.6 is actually in stock.

2 Likes

Flipsky make 2 versions of the 6.6. Both require a bit of manual labour to get going. Soldering etc. Check the website so you know what you’re getting yourself into.

1 Like

Can anybody calculate for me what size headshrink in mm wide i would need for a 10 cells wide by 2 cell high pack?

too small actually…

Please elaborate on this. If it’s a 150mm (2 long sides) by 40mm (2 short sides) battery you need 220mm heatshrink.

IMG_20190419_170329

1 Like

220mm heatshrink only fits 9 cells wide IMG_20190419_170500

So ten short sides by two short sides. In that case, I don’t know, sorry :slight_smile:

I would get a string and wrap it around there to see how long it is. Then I’d add 20% to 25% and get that exact size.

Heatshrink is measured flat, it’s NOT a diameter or radius measurement.

1 Like

thanks anyways, 13s10p :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Is there a good thread for first time assembly? All of my parts have arrived and I want to know where to start. I don’t have anyone who can help me

You could always start your own build thread :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Even better! Thank you venom. Have you seen the venom movie? A little dissapointing

It sadly was :cry:

6 Likes

Luckily I’m happy with Sony and spider man homecoming, I expect far from home to be pretty good. And hopefully whenever karnage comes out they really go nuts. It’s really a shame seeing amazing IPs fail to live up their potential

1 Like

250 or 270 some thing around that would probably work

hmm alright