Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Finally, not possible, as the shaft it too short for my need !
I have to make custom one ^^ but it will be the same thing > I will ask to a workshop :+1:

1 Like

Could an electrical engineer or BMS guru please check my wiring diagram?

Its 12s1p Lipo pack made from 6 2s packs. The BMS can do 14s but will also work at 12s. I am only using it for charging.

The 3 wires coming out of the batteries is the balance plug that comes on them.

Thanks.

1 Like

Looks good to me.

That looks like a smart bms, right? They have some pins not used on the jst plug, but as there no cables coming out you can’t make anything wrong in this place.

1 Like

Yes. 20A 14s version.

My cheapo 12s 4amp charger took a crap and I don’t want to use my 8amp all the time.

I’m looking for feedback from those who own this charger:

US $38.22 32%OFF | 50.4V 4A Charger 50.4V 4A Li-ion Charger for 44.4V 12S Electric Bike lithium Battery Aluminum shell With fan

Yes, I agree with @Andy87 it looks good. Leave B13 and B14 unhooked.

These are good fuses if you don’t charge over 4A

2 Likes

What’s bad about the 8A charger?

The charge jacks people typically use (5.5mm x 2.1mm barrel plugs) are only rated to 5A, and charging faster slightly reduces battery lifetime.

1 Like

Are the effects of 8a noticeable on 4p 30Q?

This man is smart. So this.

Thanks guys, didn’t want to let out the magic smoke. :cloud:

@Andy87 @b264

2 Likes

Looks like the same one I got.

€ 22,86 11% Off | 12S 48V (50.4V CV) 4amp Li-ion/LiPoly Battery Charger Aluminum Casing Electric Bicycle Charger

It works. No complaints. The fan isn’t super quiet if that bothers you.

1 Like

I wanna buy the 6355 260KV motor from DIYelectricskateboard Motor because I want to take advantage of the sale. However, I won’t be buying the other parts until mid summer (around July) this is my first build and I was going to pair it with a 10s2p battery from ownboard. I weigh 196 lbs. Is it okay to leave the motor sitting for so long and would the battery be sufficient for the motor?

Sure. Motor’s don’t have an expiration date. Regarding your battery, we would need a bit more information, like what kind of esc, dual or single and so on. :slight_smile:

Not super fluent in the culture of eboards but I was planning on a single belt drive, with the diyelectric skateboard VESC or any vesc that’s reccommended. Essentially right now, the whole build is torque boards, but of course open to change. I read that if the VESC doesn’t have a limiter (I forgot the name of the limiter) that it can burn out the VESC, so I still need to explore those options

1 Like

First of all, welcome to the addiction. Second of all, I would recommend you to do some more research but what kind of 10s2p battery were you planning on using (specifically the cells). :slight_smile:

I would recommend asking the boys over at Hyperionesk8.com (@hyperion1 @hyperion2) for a 10s2p made of samsung 30q :slight_smile:

You wont get a properly and carefully asembled battery from some company in China, just keep that in mind :man_shrugging:

1 Like

It should also be noted that 260KV with a 10s battery is well above the safe ERPM limit for 4.12 based ESCs. Unless you have a 6.x based ESC and have a reason to use that motor, you’re much better off getting one of 200kv or less. 170/190/200 are the common ones in that range.

4 Likes

I would not go above 200Kv

That is was the first thing I noticed in his first posts