Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Apparently my diagram above is not the whole story as this a 9 to 15s BMS, but I got it setup as a 14s, although I want to use it as 12s. (At least for now).

So I can use the PC programer to change to 12s or short some balance pins according the texas instrument data sheet, and wire my balance wires accordingly.

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/bq76940.pdf

IMG_3398

Smart%20BMS%2012s%20short%20pins

Thanks to @janpom for the help.

4 Likes

What kind of power consumption should you expect from a mountain board with dual 6374 motors when riding on trails?

Planning on using a 10s4p 30q pack with a unity controller. What motors should I probably get if I’m pairing them with a loaded vanguard on 97 or 107mm wheels?

Dual 6355s. More is overkill, less is… unspectacular.

3 Likes

In terms of peak watts, you’ll hit the limit of the speed controller or battery, whichever is lower, but only for short bursts. In terms of power consumption over distance, I’d estimate between 30 and 60 watt-hours per mile. Depends on how hard you ride and a lot of other factors.

So you think 6354’s are overkill? And is there a best brand for motors out there?

I think dual 6355/6354 is a perfect balance of power and cost/weight. Dual 6374 is major overkill unless you’re building a mountainboard. Maytech makes some of the best motors around, with all the little attention to detail like epoxied windings and conformally coated sensors. There are quite a few other folks on here that sell motors, but I don’t remember all the names/companies.

4 Likes

Do you know how the Maytech speed controllers compares to the focbox unity?

Dude stole my answer :triumph:

1 Like

If half a Unity dies the whole thing goes dead

But the Unity has hella nice features and it’s pretty reliable… MayTech is an okay VESC varient but it’s much cheaper

Anyone know if these are legit AMASS? If not whats the cheapest pack of 4 or more I can get with the end caps?

https://www.amazon.com/TOOGOO-3-wire-3-pole-Connector-Connectors/dp/B0776VCPZB/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=mt60+connectors+5+pack&qid=1555518225&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Quick question regarding MBS trucks, do they need to be angled?

Im looking to mount these trampa ones;

On the evo 36 falcon

1 Like

I believe so. @3DServisas has some 35 degree risers.

1 Like

Thanks and :open_mouth: hooooo are those expensive. I might have to cnc my own lol

Depends on the trucks and deck. The ats12 trucks like a 15° nose. The matrix like 25-35°.

1 Like

Gotcha, my main concern is that the two ends of the evo 36 falcon tilt in different directions. Ill probably have to custom cnc some trucks.

I mean you can print or cast them too

1 Like

I feel like they might break at that point. I plan to ride this board over some pretty rough terrain.

Ive got access to a cnc and other tools so it shouldnt be too bad. Only question is how much aluminum costs. :thinking:

Can I ask why you are using channels on an Evo? It goes so far against design that the problems you will find will be insurmountable I fear.
The evo deck is designed for 50 degree reverse king pin trucks and as such works like a charm but to attempt to use channel trucks will be a huge task. Not against innovation but surely theres a more suitable deck out there for you to utilise? The deck is built for fast riding and to set up channels for riding fast is an expert level event on a deck designed for them let alone on an evo. Just trying to save you some headaches in the future my friend.

2 Likes

I am building a electric sk8board, with dual sk3 192kv motors and a dual 6.6 flipsky Vesc. But I don’t know what batteries I should get.

Two of these:

Or two of these: