Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Ahh ok, Hopefully TB responds and knows which ones it is.

Try to find ones with a higher ripple current

How high would I want to look for?

seems the only ones that fit are 2.74 amps

I might consider getting a single 2200 uF 63v might be easier

Hi maybe someone can help me and im sure this question have been answered tons of time ; I have charge only bms, the max i can charge is 5amp (bms is D140) , does the max i can put in battery regen is -5? enertion tell me to put the value at -30 for raptor hub, can i do that? I have 12s5p battery Thanks

you can go higher with your regen because the charge and motor BMS wires are separate. -30 should be fine.

How good is 10Wh/mi with dual hubs on relatively flat ground with low speeds (under 20mph) and moderate acceleration?

Above average. The usual rule-of-thumb number that gets thrown around is 10Wh/km, which is about 1.66 times worse. Mountainboards with pneumatic tires can be 30Wh/mi or worse.

2 Likes

I get 19Wh/mi on average.

What board and conditions?

Do you mean 19wh/km?

19wh/mi would mean 13 miles on 12s5p?

Don’t know about any 12S because I don’t know of any ESC that can safely handle it.

I mean 19Wh/mi on average (11.8Wh/km)

60 cells of 30Q would be 756Wh or about 40 miles for me. I could ride economically and probably get twice as much range, but that’s not my normal riding style.

2 Likes

Future spud build. What are some good hub motors that are fast with TB 4.12 vesc ? Never tried hubs before

:rofl: :rofl:

The only “good” hub motors on the planet are @Hummie hubs, and that’s if you need Stealth or Inconspicuousness as a characteristic of your build.

2 Likes

Hahah let me rephase that “decent hub” that i could configure the 4.12 with. Hummies are very nice but would rather get those like for a very nice build. I just want to make a decent cruiser pretty much

1 Like

I mean you can get some use out of cheap hubs…20ish on a cheap ESC so probably 25 with a VESC

I’m actually getting more tempted to go Flipsky over Unity. It seems like Unity says it’s only capable of 80A total current draw amongst both motors while the flipsky is capable of 200A which means room for adding an extra p group in the future as a potential upgrade, and it’s actually in stock too.

1 Like

No it’s 80 per motor and 160 for the system continuous, almost double on burst

3 Likes

Its 80a per motor, but i highly doubt it can support that. The phase wires are 12awg and the power is 10awg. If you pump 80 or 160 through those you will melt them. The flipsky could go with 6 awg on the power wires but instead chose 8. Its much better, but still not ideal. The unity seems way overhyped imo

12AWG will handle 80A, barely. 10 will handle 120, which would be 60 battery amps per side, which is more than enough to feed 80 motor amps out.

There’s a reason we use 200-degree silicone wire :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh wow… apparently the unity uses xt60 connectors for power. 60a is the real continuous limit i guess