Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

If you aren’t putting the whole charging current through it, 26AWG won’t melt, assuming you’re certain the charge current isn’t going through it. (only the balance current which is typically <200mA) However, also remember that thinner wire is more prone to physically breaking after many thousands of miles/kilometers of extreme vibration.

I would use 22AWG or 20AWG – and 24AWG at a minimum.

26AWG - 2.2A max continuous
24AWG - 3.5A max continuous
22AWG - 7A max continuous
20AWG - 11A max continuous

2 Likes

Anywhere you know has one with better wires and can do fast shipping? Most places are like $9 for a single wire or take weeks to ship

The ones that come with Bestech BMS are 22AWG (but are 10-pin, without B0). I’d check digikey.

Any eSk8.builder forum vinyl stickers out there?

The logo is much better :wink:

It can increase amps, but not watts. Most builds, especially duals, run considerably less battery current than motor current. At low RPM (and thus low PWM), the ESC can act as a buck converter, converting the (for example) 40V and 40A from the battery to 20V and 80A for the motor.

It doesn’t really matter if the motor power rating is greater than that of your battery or ESC, because the motor is a dumb lump of copper, iron and neodymium, governed by the simple laws of thermodynamics. It’d be very bad to try to draw 4KW from a battery that can only safely deliver 2, but running a motor at less than its rated maximum just gives you more safety margin, and can actually improve the efficiency a little.

2 Likes

I’m down for that too!:call_me_hand:

1 Like

Does anyone know what capacitors the DIYElectric skateboards VESC uses?

Perhaps @JohnnyMeduse Knows?

2y3bkt

Sorry, I really don’t know.

3 Likes

damn, I tried to look for them nothing matches them.

By any chance is there a common one all VESC use?

I contact DIY via there website and they had no clue, mabye @torqueboards

haaa Torqueboard… I thought you where referring to DIYeboard from China.

Which Cap you need the value too?

I would never buy from them

They’re 680uF 63v

HE(M)

2 Likes

We should be able to flag erroneous “there, they’re, their” and “your, you’re” usage

4 Likes

I don’t have any with me, but if you filter by dimension, you could probably find something similar. The brand doesn’t really matter.

https://www.mouser.ca/Passive-Components/Capacitors/_/N-5g7r?P=1z0wrkkZ1yx4avu

3 Likes

Fixed it, sorry english is not my best subject

1 Like

It’s a constant thing. Here and everywhere. I actually think they stopped teaching language in schools.

4 Likes

You would be correct, I try to do it correct but a lot of times I don’t realize it until after I make the mistake

1 Like

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Wurth-Electronics/860040778015?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtZ1n0r9vR22emd73sC8nR%2FzPF8aXpdcUdrvNhdzRr77Q%3D%3D

Would this be correct?

I don’t have any with me to compare.