Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Iā€™ve never tried to not use a washer under them, so I guess I didnā€™t know that. I use brass washers under them and even under the regular FUB hardware.

1 Like

IMG_20190315_115413

Why this is not working?

Also, wtf? zsdf

IMG_20190315_120142

What for battery do I need for this sorry but I canā€™t find it I want a separate battery.

Wonā€™t a 12v or 3s battery work? Screenshot_20190315-083507_Chrome

2 Likes

standard skate hardware is 8-32 I believe.

1 Like

This helps only a bit, I have read about it, but Iā€™m still not sure even about the port conectivity.

I would think it would be ppm and uart

I should not be off topic here ^^

Do you guys know if enertion could accept a GB ? for EU ?

:relaxed:

2 Likes

If you are talking about currency then you can check it by getting on our website :slight_smile:

I read it as ā€œgroup buyā€ but I donā€™t know either

From my understanding the receiver is in uart port? I also think I checked in the Vesc tool, but not even a light is coming on.

The receiver is typically PWM which VESC calls PPM, UART would be, for example, the bluetooth. There are UART controllers but most are PWM.

Selecting PPM+UART means an RC controller will work and you can also plug in a bluetooth module if you ever want to.

I really donā€™t understand it, so is the photon receiver plugged in the right way? I should select only uart for it?

Sorry I didnā€™t know you were using the Photon receiver. I was referring to RC receiversā€¦

:slight_smile:

These schematics do not make sense, Also it is said in the guide: Vesc Setup:

• In App Configuration, set App to use to ā€œUARTā€.
  • Make sure to set UART Baud rate to 115200
  • In Nunchuk tab, set Control mode to Current with reverse.

But I only get pick Current, or Current no reverse in the nunchuk tab. f948331311bcd85f804730f96dc598eced4de8a4 fdg

If you want reverse set it to current.

1 Like

I mean I donā€™t have an option, to select the right settings as in the manual, I canā€™t do anything to that remote, donā€™t get the wire connectivity and app settings.

Hey guys! Im thinking about building my first battery pack since my bms on my prebuilt one shorted out causing a couple cells to blow out. Does anyone know where i can find some cheap, new samsung 30q cells and a quality bms for a 10s5p pack?

Hi, I have built a electric longboard. I used it one summer but I wanted to upgrade. It was a hazel to unplug the batteryā€™s every time and plug them in to the balance charger.

Therefore I decided to add a BMS, 3 pin charge port and a small battery presenting indicator for easy useā€¦ I decided to bypass BMS. I started with wiring the cables like the picture below, but forgot plug in the motor ore the balance wires to the batteryā€™s(I did not plug in the XT-90). When I plugged inn my charger the BMS became super hot(to hot to touch). I though it was because my battery balance leads were not plugged inn. Therefore I plugged in my balance leads and tried again. This time the 3 pin charge port and the charger welded together. Then I plugged in the XT-90 to complete the main circuit. This was a bad decision on my behalf, because the batteryā€™s started to expand, my cables and connecters started to smoke, and the VESC MOSFETs melted through the heat shrink. This lead to all my electronics getting destroid. :frowning:

I believe the wiring is the problem. I did not have the motor plugged inn. Can this have an effect on what happened.

Can anyone please take a look at my wiring an tell me what I have done wrong. Thanks :wink: Untitled