Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

This is definitely a display setting, not an update.

When you said you tried to edit the appearance, thatā€™s the part appearance right? Like how you also would edit color, texture, etc?

The visualization setting should be elsewhere, and superscedes any appearance settings. It allows you to view normally, as a wireframe, wireframe with ghosted background lines, and wireframe with no background lines.

When youā€™re holding it in with padding, itā€™s not meant to be the deciding factor to hold it down

But I get what you mean šŸ¤·

Well I did not change anything myself, it came along notification about the update being applied. Tried now to reset to default settings and same issue. Why the f** would they fu** with someones settingsā€¦

Ok I got it, thatā€™s the kyeword I was looking for, googled how to set to wireframe and at the same time found where options for that are.

Itā€™s not really a ā€œsettingā€ itā€™s more of a tool. Should be visible on the main screen

I think itā€™s this: Screenshot_20190314-145923

1 Like

Well yeah thatā€™s the exact video I have found.

Great thanks. For silicone I bought GE silicone 2+ from walmart. Read on another thread its a good silicone alternative.

2 Likes

What nylock nut size do you guys use for the trucks when using m5 screws?

M5x0.8mmā€‹

1 Like

Damn. McMaster only carries 8mm wide.

ā€œStockā€ imperial nylock nuts measure ~10mm using caliper. Ordinary skate tools wonā€™t work with this nut. Damn.

Thanks!

McMaster is infected with FUB Syndrome really badly. Try a different vendor.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=m5+nyloc+nut&t=canonical&ia=products

3 Likes

M5 nuts are 8mm across flats. I donā€™t believe you will be able to find otherwise. Did you know that imperial nuts from skate hardware fit M5 screws? :wink:

They donā€™t; never do this. This will fuck up the threads and strip it out and make it weak. Plus you donā€™t want these failing while youā€™re riding.

I did but I almost always have to ā€œtapā€ the imperial nuts first before I screw it in all the way. This is regardless whether Iā€™ve used them before or not. I donā€™t think it has the correct pitch for the m5s. Iā€™ve stripped a few nuts from this. Iā€™m probably doing something wrong.

The 10-32 nut fits with a very tight tolerance on the M5 bolt. The other way around is loose and should not be used as you said. The pitch is almost identical 0.8mm vs 32tpi/25.4=0.7935mm The best way is to first use an M5 tap on the 10-32 nuts to avoid seizing.

Canā€™t you just swap for #10-32 hardware? It would be loose but if its a countersink head it should still hold stable

Yep. Learned that the hard way :triumph:

1 Like

Sounds like a good way to have stripped and shitty hardware.

Why are you saying that? As I showed the pitch is the same and if you check the same goes for the minor and major diameters. The small differences are taken care off with the use of a tap. It is not magic. Do you have a source for M5 nylock nuts that are 10mm across flats? If you do I would love to know about it since I have been unable to find any.

I donā€™t; but regardless of whether I did or didnā€™t I still wouldnā€™t thread FUB hardware onto metric hardware. I would just get M5 nuts even if it wasnā€™t 10mm across flats.

The problem with m5 nuts is that you need a washer under them since most truck baseplate holes are oversized plus they donā€™t fit a standard skate tool.