Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Donā€™t forget to put a fuse on your charge jack negative

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/576-099707.5WXN

1 Like

VESC tool will detect one side of a dual ESC but not the other half, ā€œCould not autoconnect. Make sure the USB cable is plugged in and that the VESC is poweredā€

I literally updated the firmware on that side 30 minutes ago and the other side connects still after the same update, Iā€™m so confusedā€¦I didnā€™t do anything to it

How do I fix this?

If both are connected via CANBUS then make sure CANBUS cable is working fine

No difference with or without CANBUS, it says ā€œno ports foundā€ when I manually connect

Hi, It looks like I donā€™t have permissions to make my own post yet, so Iā€™ll ask here: My motors spin up during detection but then wonā€™t move. Here are the details: I have two Maytech VESCs (came with hardware 4.10 firmware 3.3 upgraded to 3.40) two Maytech Hubmotors with hall sensors, and a 10S Lion battery.

The specs are:

Motors: Size 90mm Voltage 24-36V Max Amps 22A Max. Output Watt 800W Resistance 0.557ā€0.577

The motors are connected to the VESCs with a hall sensor adapter (and the three phase wires).

Battery:

Koowheel 5500 mAh battery Max Amps: 30A

I tried running the motor setup wizard with these settings:

Max Current: 20A Max Current Brake: -20A Battery Current Max: 25A Battery Current Max Regen: -10A

Voltage Limits: 34V / 31V (10S Lion)

First I tried FOC detection on one of the maytechs, and the motor would spin up, but then when I tried to use the arrow keys in arrow key mode after the setup the motors would cog but not move. The VESC would blink red 3 times when I hit the arrow key.

I tried BLDC mode next on the first maytech and it would spin up in detection but then also not move with the arrow keys. I then tried BLDC on the second maytech and it would move with the arrow keys. Iā€™ve run the detection multiple times on both VESCs, and sometimes the cogging happens on both and sometimes just the first one. No red blinking lights other than the first time I tried FOC.

Here are the settings that the motor setup detected in BLDC mode:

I 5.00 A 150.0 ERPM D: 0.05

Detection Results: Integrator limit: 111.01 BEMF Coupling: 433.58 Detected hall sensor table: 255, 3, 1, 2, 5, 4, 6, 255

Iā€™m wondering if Iā€™m not sending enough current with the arrow keys, or if I burned out the first VESC with FOC mode?

In the bottom left corner my settings are: D 0.20, 5000 RPM, IB 3.00 A, I 3.00 A, P 0.00, HB 3.00 A.

What should I try changing?

Thanks,

Jordan

Did you write the motor configuration to the vescs after going through the wizzard?

1 Like

Which thickness of thermal pad is preferred for @stewii `s ESCapes? 0,5mm, 1mm, or 2mm? And is this conformal coating stuff from ebay any good?

1 Like

Yeah I think so

Try to connect separate.

W/o canbus? Already did

Is your vesc 2 singles or a dual like the unity. If it is a dual is there a switch that says can bus

2 ESCs on the same PCB with a CANBUS connector across them

DC5521 sockets have three pins: pin, jacket, and switched. The switched one is shorted to jacket, until you plug it in. Figure out which one is which using a multimeter (If you donā€™t have a multimeter, slap yourself and get one), and donā€™t use the switched one.

1 Like

Hi guys. Can someone tell me which side of the Velcro strip is supposed to go on the deck and which side on the components?

I used the soft side on my deck, actually foam pad, but when I jump up and down on it or just bounce my board of the ground the battery falls off. Iā€™m using 13 strips for a 10S5P. Itā€™s rated for 15 lbs so I donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing wrong.

are you using the industrial strength?

1 Like

This one image

2 Likes

Interesting I put on what was rated for 10 lbs and it stayed without any issue. Is it pulling of from the neoprene like the 2 halfā€™s stay together but come off together or the halfā€™s separate.

You are using one soft (loop) side and one rough (hook) side touching each other right?

1 Like

No, itā€™s the Velcro bond thatā€™s coming off

Yeah. I just tried reversing the strips for the vesc but thatā€™s so light in comparison