Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

What are you talking about? These things were awesome. Did 20mph and weighed as much as mama cass. Got fuel and oil all up your legs and the first time you use it you get arrested. Fun

9 Likes

cant get arrested if they cant catch you. just sayin’ :slight_smile:

1 Like

They’d be able to follow your smoke and noise trail on that dirty-ass thing

2 Likes

I’ve got one in bits in the garage and I literally rode it round the block and some twat called the police. This was 5 years ago though and you’re right it was a smelly nasty thing. Had to limit my use to parks.

2 Likes

Sounds like a biker chick I used to know :grinning:

4 Likes

Did you ever try this? I’m hoping they will but my head says probs not!

guys, whats the correct industry term for a barrel plug with this springs inside? Like in the top picture. All I see when I search for “dc barrel plugs” is the bottom picture which doesn’t have that springs in the tip. I want those with the springs but don’t know what to search for :frowning:

tip tip2

2 Likes

@yelnats7j ended up get 6374 motors and different mounts not psychotiller.

If you got 90mm axels you might be able to do it.

1 Like

Hey guys, so I am reallllllly close to being done. But I am missing one thing pulleys and belts. I am going to order 50T pulleys and I measured my center distance at about 100 mm for the TB reverse mounted trucks. I calculated the belt length and it got to 280mm. Can this be right?

Try searching for a belt length calculator on this forum. You’d also have to know how many teeth are on the other pulley though.

1 Like

Pulleys are needed to get a true size

Very nooby question. For the 2.1mm DC female jack, the 3 pins one. I think I figured out which one is the ground (1x) and which one the positives (2x).

Does it matter which positive pin I soldered the red wire to? Is it even the red wire I am soldering these to?

I think the 3 pin one is a GX16-3, not a barrel plug. Do you have a photo

1 Like

Screenshot_20190220-222122

1 Like

I think the ground one is the perpendicular pin, the other two are positives.

you got a multi meter?

1 Like

Nope, but I figured it out with this https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/where-can-i-get-the-same-charging-socket/57959

1 Like

Be careful and check it with multimeter first. Plug in your charger and measure voltage, if there is a minus before the reading then you have to swap plus and minus.

On my charging port it’s like this, the third pin has no internal connection: dc2

5 Likes

The third pin probably is connected when remove the plug from the port

2 Likes

Yep. This needs to be remembered when insulating the connections to avoid shorts…