Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

You mean the Velcro is coming off the board? I’ve seen recommendations that, once you’re postitive on your setup, that you should heat the bottom of your Velcro and then apply it to whatever.

1 Like

Make sure and then up the duty cycle on the detection.

heavy duty grip velcro doesn’t just allude to the hook and eye it relays to the adhesive on the bond side of things.

1 Like

Do you guys have a trusted source of quality silicone cables that aren’t shipped in 1m pieces like hobbyking does? Because that’s unacceptable, especially if I will use thicker ones, a lot of wasted material.

Just use buy some for later?

You don’t understand, If I need 10x 60cm cables and order from a normal company that sells you in a one cable I need only 6 meters. I order from HK in 1m pieces I need 10 meters, it will cost me 66% more…

@Arek I used these guys, nice quality cable.

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=silicon+wire+cable&cat=0

Probably not the cheapest tho, but ok.

1 Like

Thanks!

10ch

1 Like

Hey guys, so I have like 9 dc motors that are running 600watts each, and was wondering if I wire 2 together? could I still use one esc, considering that dc motors only have a positive and negative faze wires?

Since they have brushes, you can wire them in parallel unlike BLDC motors. In theory you should be able to run two brushed DC motors from one VESC.

The phase wires on a brushed DC motor are internal. Only the power wires are exposed.

This is all theory, I’ve never tried. Do at own risk

1 Like

Are you sure a brushless motor controller will run a brushed motor?

It’s a brushed esc with a built in remote

VESC is more than a brushless motor controller. VESC is extremely flexible if you start digging around in the options.

1 Like

That ESC will probably run two motors, but running them at full power might very well blow the ESC. I thought you meant with a VESC

Like this, don’t mind the mess, broke my soldering penimage

2 Likes

One VESC4.12 will rock that board

I know it’s a safety hazard but f$ck it

Like this?image

How, the brushed motor doesn’t have 3 faze wires

Yeah thats an old brushed esc like the early evolve and fiik stuff. Nasty things really. The remotes drop out at the first opportunity. My very first build was one of those beasties. Try it for science what have you got to lose?

1 Like