Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Bestech is a well known brand around here. They have proven to be very safe and reliable. You have to send them a request to get a price :slight_smile:

2 Likes

would you recommend the BMS that @ MysticalDork has

I didnā€™t really see anyone other using itā€¦ But if you want a smart bms you could either go with a DieBiems or some other more known Bluetooth bms modulesā€¦ Just use the search function :slight_smile:

1 Like

What @Mich21050 said. You need to sent them a message to get a price. I didnā€™t have this bms by my own but a lot of people here using this one. Never heard any bad reviews so far.

1 Like

To me it looks like a 12s1p configā€¦

I havenā€™t seen anyone else using one for esk8, probably for size reasons. Iā€™ve seen several people using them in ebikes though, where space isnā€™t at quite as much of a premium.

I thought that VESC6.xx HW was only recommended to 100k erpm @b264 do you know an exact number?

I know the trampa vesc6 (Vedderā€™s reference hardware) can hit 150K. With 4.xx, the generally accepted safe limit is about 60K. I donā€™t know if thereā€™s been any testing done on the various 6.xx spinoffs.

I was thinking of getting the 150A setting with no screen

1 Like

Just use blue loctite on the grub screw. Donā€™t use red. And I wouldnā€™t even use blue until you ride it about 100 meters and make sure itā€™s okay. Donā€™t end up going for a 10km joyride either to test it, bolts and screws will start falling out

3 Likes

What size grub screw works?

Whatever size fits your motor pulley. Itā€™s likely the same thread as the bolt next to it.

1 Like

Sorry I should have been clear, each block is a 6p :slight_smile:

20190115_073049

20190112_131327

4 Likes

Make sure to isolate each block so metal ā€œcanā€ carrying different negatives wonā€™t short together. Because that shrink tubing they put on cells is not enough.

5 Likes

I will fish paper each P group thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The same insulation paper as these spacers on the top/positive?

4 Likes

Hey guys I am looking to upgrade my power supply. I am currently using a Hobbyking 105W power supply (currently used at 3A for 4S Lipo charging). When I was buying it I had saved on the power supply to spend it on other more ā€˜ā€˜importantā€™ā€™ components like motors and motor mounts.

So now I am looking to upgrade it. I saw the Turnigy Reaktor Pro 240W 16A Power Supply 100~240V AC (US Plug)

My charger is Turnigy Reaktor 250W 10A 1-6S Balance Charger

My question is what you guys think about it and if you think it fits my charger? Or would you suggest a different one?

I have some sheets of self adhesive fishpaper from nkon.nl

Need help for wiring of an antispark with this switch. Is this right?

image image

Would 12mm belts be enough for a dual 6374 motor setup with 6x2 inch pneumatics?

I am having tolerances way below comfortable between components and I think Iā€™d rather have them a bit more spaced outā€¦ ~2mm mount to pulley, ~2mm between motor shaft nubs on the bells.

This ā€œdowngradeā€ in pulley width would allow me quite a lot of space at least between motors, but I donā€™t know if Iā€™d be snapping belts left right and centerā€¦ :smiley:

1 Like