Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

I read that some have issues in BLDC to get valid sensor detection but in FOC it works. Not sure if that´s the case with the Ollin ESC.

How do you know its not working sensored? Is it cogging or are you getting bad hall sensor results on detection? Or is it just not turning when you plug in the sensor cable?

1 Like

On bldc: Motor detection works fine, motors spin. In sensorless, everything works fine When applying power after detection. In sensored, motor won’t spin it just shudders. when applying power after detection.

On foc: Motor detection works fine up until detect hall sensors. During detect hall sensor motor spins slowly both directions but it errors with bad detection. In sensorless it works fine.

Hope I’m saying all that clearly. Thank you

1 Like

Tried upping the duty cycle on the shuddering motor until you get a result?

I went up as far as .15. Quit there.

When you do the detect is bldc seeing the hall sensors or are you getting a bad hall reading?

Unknown hall error 254

Sounds like a bad detection which is not necessarily hall sensor related. Try upping it a bit more and see what occurs. I run one of mine at .20 before it will detect. HK SK8.

1 Like

I’ll give it a shot. Thanks

1 Like

What’s your budget for a board? How fast/far do you wanna go? Lots of hills? Your weight?

Theres a nice six shooter shod 12s on there but its out of his budget. Shame.

Strike this ridiculous comment from your memory my friend

1 Like

That boards is a bit much for a 12s2p… Could easily build a 10s4p in the same budget. It would out perform it too.

I read 12s4p I must be getting old.

Yeah, 12s2p on pneumatic tires… no thanks Great for a mini deck, grocery board

Hell no. Didn’t think tb make a 12s 2p. I’ll check it out might be a typo. Yuck they do.

They used to. I don’t think it was Samsung 30q cells tho.

No samsung 30q Some fanboy I am had no idea. No wonder the guy is selling it. Should just upgrade the battery the fella. Have a beast

Yeah, I’d toss that battery on a 30inch kicktail deck. Single 6374. Light portable build

1 Like

its too big in the layout for a decent small build. Bad dexter! image

20 inch overall

Damn. Loaded Tesseract with hubs? Lol

1 Like