Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

broooooooo

4 Likes

Is there a ā€œbudgetā€ dual belt drive kit?

Not really man. try these sites but be prepared to pay a bit more.

You canā€™t get a cheap good belt drive system. You can get a cheap belt drive system or you can get a good belt drive system. Trust me though the cheap one will end up costing you more than the good one in the end.

2 Likes

Hi guys! Is it possible to bind one nano remote from TB to 2 receivers? I know mini Rx can but nano? Going dual motors and after reading those scary post about can bus I have to believe this might be the way to goā€¦thanks for your comments and ride safe!

Yes you would use a ppm splitter

Thanks briman05ā€¦I know about Y splitter but donā€™t have one at the momentā€¦but have 1 nano remote and 2 receiversā€¦still would like to try this option if possible without splitting :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Its a try and see situation my friend. Pair one then try to pair the other and see if it works. Good luck Let me know if it works and pop a thread up to let everyone else know the process.

1 Like

Seems like buying a used boosted might be a better option

With a budget of 900, a nice single motor setup from Torque Boards, or a a cheaper dual motor setup from MBoards?

No no no! same same but different. Sells the same crap that diye does. Do not be fooled please.
@jxslepton you could but if you really want to go used then check out the adds here because you can find some gems if youā€™re lucky.

2 Likes

Okay, thatā€™s what I thought, Theyā€™re doing a great job rebranding and all so maybe Iā€™ll buy from them in the future. Iā€™ve seen their parts on eBay for a lot less. And doesnā€™t seem like great quality. Mike is a great guy and his business has potential but it needs work. But rn Torque Boards seems like the only option.

1 Like

Missed out on that single belt drive for $350

1 Like

Yeah you just have to keep an eye out they pop up every so often

If you have a focbox of the latest hw version or a Flipsky esc 6 or dual 6 than you will not have any issues with the CAN. In general there is nothing bad in CAN as long as you fix the plugs with a drop of hot glue or solder the two wires directly to the pins. Use a parallel plug for the power supply and you good to go.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the best wheel pulleys for the 107 SuperFly ABEC11 ?

Build kit boards has some press on abec pulley with a bearing that you donā€™t need to cut the hanger down.

1 Like

Heā€™s out atm. But since you suggest the best then I will wait for them

I have an ollin vesc that wonā€™t work sensored. It works fine sensorless. I tried the motor on a different ollin vesc and it works fine sensored so Iā€™m assuming the problem is with the vesc.

My google-fu is apparently weak because I canā€™t seem to find the right search terms to get relevant results. Iā€™m trying to understand what has failed and what leads to this type of failure. Up until now I havenā€™t really encountered any sensor issues so Iā€™m just looking to learn a bit as I seem to be out of my depth.

This issue may very well be beyond my ability to repair and I will send to drvwizard if I need.

Disclaimer: I bought these used with the full understanding that they may have issues and I am quite happy with them. Thanks

momentary short on the sensor wires could be a reason. did you drive in rain or water in last time?

1 Like

I donā€™t know. Iā€™ve only had them hooked up on the bench. Never ridden them. They could have been ridden in the rain.

Sorry I should have included this in my original question.

1 Like