Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

did you calibrate it in the vesc tool and you selected ppm?

is there somewhere I can buy a 4s battery and ge tit shipped within like a day?

Guys, is this mini carver trucks or full atb?

Capture

can I use different batteries from different suppliers in series with different overall discharge? but same everything else

Try a hobby store. If Hobbyking have a local warehouse to you they ship in less than a week.

If you use different c rating lipos in series the lower will puff on you after a while and could potentially cause a fire. Been there done that in an rc car. Use the same cells. Safety first.

also one more question what if I am connecting 3 4s batteries in series and everything is the same except one battery with a 25 - 50 c instead of a 20 - 40 c for the other two. would that still be ok if I program the vest to only take a certain amount from all three?

Really don’t play around with different c rated lipos.

full. mini way much shorter

1 Like

Yeah. I used the wizard and selected ppm and configure multiple vesc. Then I tried to calibrate but it gave me the pulsewidth error

Hi all - I have a question regarding decks. I’ve read a ton of literature on here, but with no real life experience, I’m still a bit confused and don’t want to make a large mistake on my first build.

I’m 20y/o, 5’6, 115lb, used to be very athletic, still for the most part am but my body is kinda falling apart as well.

I’ve never skated on a skateboard manually, nor electronically. The manual will never happen. I also live in SouthEastern Ohio, where there is no real skateboard community… For a long ways.

Anyways - power wise, I was going all out of my first build. I have two 6374 170kv sealed maytechs coming in, a unity, and was planning for a 12s3-4p 30q batt.

Now - here comes my question - I wanted to do a short deck. Like a jet Spud or Tayto. I know I will have to use very wide trucks for this setup - but is this a dumb idea for my body type? I want to be able to cruise on the board relatively relaxed around campus, but also be able to do some serious carving type stuff when I get the chance. Would looking into a 36-40" longboard be better for what I’m after? Am I just overthinking this and I should just for a Tayto and then see how things feel?

I’m just questioning the shit out if things after somebody stating that a Tayto with dual 6374’s will shoot out from under you, lmfao.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I’m just guessing but your are girl and worried about your size vs the power of the board, which if you are welcome but there are plenty of girls here that skate and they have no problems. There are guys here that are 200+ and dont have problems on the boards. With the stats you provided it will be a powerful board but if you take your time and learn to know your board and the speed you are comfortable with you will be fine just don’t hop on the first time and go balls out. You may be more comfortable on the slightly larger deck just because there is more room on the deck

Well she’d probably go tits out.

With those numbers it would be a very powerful board and if you are just looking to cruise I’d advise a longer deck.

Deck choice is very difficult for the first time. Go to a skateboard shop and try standing on a few and push kick once. Even better go and find out if there are others around you and see if you can join them for a groupride.

Haha, I’m a guy, but all is well.

@sayekim - hard to explain, but right now, for some medical reasons, getting out and socializing/finding people is kinda really difficult for me. I realize that doesn’t help my situation at all haha.

I do know for a fact that there are no large groups within 30 minutes of me. I regularly travel 3 hours round trip to a hospital (twice a week) in a much bigger city - but I’m typically pretty tired at the end of things and I obviously don’t know any way to meet people in such a large city I’m otherwise not in. I guess trying to find a forum member who lives there would be my best bet.

I definitely am looking to cruise and I think a longer board would obviously be great for that, but as I’m going to use it for class I’m trying to keep it as short as possible while still doing what I need. Tough situation to figure out I guess haha.

Well a short board and a large battery probably wont work cause a 12s4p battery is 48 18650 batteries. You may want to go with the bigger board but do keep in mind that this board will be close to a quarter of your weight.

how should I go about programming my vest to a safe use not hurting my batteries? what should I look out for?

I can put trampa gummies in mbs wheels?

Keep it within your batteries abilities it all depends on the type of batteries that you have and there limits

One new Ohio friend right here! Southwest though, outside of Cincinnati. Let me know when you get your board done. I’m finishing up my first real build shortly after Christmas and only know of one other person from Ohio on here.

I can’t say for 100% but someone on here told me no.

1 Like