Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Oh shit you are right. I only go the ultimates to save weight and use normal longboard wheels but these is no space to drill a hole to get a more inner position.

Worse come to worse, I will swap the front trucks with carver trucks and keep the long atb trucks in the bak hahaha

legit U-turn btw in the video :wink:

1 Like

@rich @Andy87 Wait a second. Just read this on the trampa website for ultimate trucks

ULTIMATE ATB TRUCK Super Strong & MEGA Lightweight (Forged & CNC’d) Hanger - POWDER COATED 9.525mm Mega Lightweight SOLID TITANIUM Axles - 16 Inch Wide Mega lightweight ULTIMATE CNC Baseplate - Powdercoated Dual Sprimg Position - INSIDE for easy Carving OUTSIDE for High Speed Stability .

Look at the last sentence. Must be a misprint no? Probably is considering the spelling mistake haha

You can ask via e-mail when they are available but the thing is that Trampa gonna change (I think next year) all spring trucks to dual spring position. Also the new Holypro deck has both holes.

Does your baseplate have 2 spring positions like in this picture?

1 Like

Interesting.

No my baseplate doesnt have the second inner position That hole in the middle is bigger on mine.

Mines like this

http://images.trampaboards.com/images/products/extraimages/26016_1538229388.jpg

I wonder what they do with the ultimate hanger. The part where the 2nd screw position is CNCed out already. Part of the charm of the ultimate hanger is the lower weight. Lets wait and see what they come up with

1 Like

As @rich said, the old base plates have only one position, but trampa change the design and the new stock will have two positions available.

8" vs 6.5 tires?

Ok so currently im running 8" tires on my trampa but im considering getting some 6.5 treads next as they seem to be pretty popular but im wondering what the advantages are? and why they are their so popular?

I know on urethane wheels the differences are pretty clear so i’d presume it similar with tires… for example, smaller = lower top speed, more range, better acceleration ect but what about ride comfort on tires? how much difference is there in ride comfort between 8" and 6.5 tires? and also what kinda range would i gain by going down in size? (currently getting 10 to 12 miles on my 8inch tires)

6.5“ nice for urban carve as the trucks shorted. If I remember right you can also inflate the 6.5“ more than the 8“. Harder wheels, longer range.

Im talking about the tires only specifically not the trucks because iv got the 12mm vertigo trucks & hyper hubs, so wondered what advantages and disadvantages are there between an 8inch and 6.5 inch tires because a main reason people use bigger urethane wheels is for better ride comfort, but with proper proper tires id imagine there’s not a lot of difference?

If you have smaller wheels you can use them at shorter trucks without wheelbite when turning. So it’s connected to the trucks too. Sure you can use smaller wheels on bigger trucks, but not always bigger wheels on smaller trucks…one of the reasons why the 6.5“ wheels exist. Not specially because they better in some way… The only thing I know about is that you can inflate them more. But I wrote that before. If you drive 6.5“ pneumatics with 40psi and 8“ with 40psi you will probably get the same range out of it.

Hi! Just to be sure about it; i have an 8S battery and I just bought a BMS from Hobbyking, do I need to have an exact 33.6V power source to charge them ? Like 42V for exemple as we usually find it with computers will hurt the batteries ?

Yeah man. Use an 8s charger

1 Like

i got current gearing 15T motor 36T wheel. I use 265 belt (53teeth) if i change my wheel pulley to 40, will the belt also be +4 teeth?? i want to gear 15Tmotor to 50T wheel pulley… so 53T+14. is that calc right??

gr sam

easiest way to check would be to check with a string acting like a belt wrapped around the wheel pulley to the motor pulley and then take that measurement and order the correct belt. I do not believe that your calculation is correct because going by that you would need a 269 belt and that just doesn’t exist but a 270

And once more i‘m glad to link this calculator https://www.bbman.com/belt-length-calculator/

1 Like

@Andy87 @rich I am doubting which ply I would take for the holypro. I had the ply14 at home but that is to flexible. I weigh 70 kg without jacket, protection and backpack. When I see the flexometer I doubt between 15 and 16.

image image

What kind of board you want to build with it? A real mtb or more a street board?

2 Likes

Something like this board from KALY NYC

Than 15ply should be more than good. I‘m 85kg (without gear :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) and 15ply is kind a stable on the street. Get easy up to 50km/h without speed wobbles.

1 Like

Thnx! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My Noob question: my paired nano receiver keeps giving the applying pulsewidth error messages. What I’ve tried - I connected to channel 2, I’ve restarted the VESC and then tried again - no success, RT and RT APP are selected on the right.

Any help would be much appreciated :slight_smile: