Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Depend on your wood but I donā€™t think so, they are close but not too much. Sounds good to me but be careful when drilling thoses !

1 Like

someone has the measure of the clamp of these trucks

Did you drill those holes before checking them? But to answer your question it shouldnā€™t but you should check it with a baseplate and if the holes line up with the 6 holes on the baseplate you should be good.

So I read up on PPM vs CAN. I can see the pros and cons between the two. My question is if I were to do dual receivers instead of PPM and use CAN to get the telemetry functionality of the Bluetooth module, will this setup work? I know thereā€™s somewhat a redundancy in this but Iā€™d like to have a failsafe just in case one of my focbox decides to malfunction.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Wait what? How did miss this

2 Likes

Yap confirmed 100 000erpm You read so much here that you forget to read the important things :point_up: :joy:

2 Likes

I havenā€™t been reading much the past 2 weeks. Between the move and the arm stuff ive mostly been meh.

1 Like

But now you know it. You can run your 12s with 200kV motors :relieved:

1 Like

ooooob @psychotiller those 6369 are calling

4 Likes

You want to have 2 remotes like double fisting remotes? But to use a Bluetooth module you will want to select ppm+uart on the vesc/bldc tool

Namasaki was able to bind 2 receivers w one remote. It was one of those trigger type. Not g2b. I believe it was the mini remote. Here is the link.

So instead of using the servo splitter y connector. Iā€™d do 2 receivers bound to one controller. So each Vesc will be setup identical as both masters. No slave Ves. And use can bus to use it for telemetry using the Bluetooth.

1 Like

You can definitely bind 2 mini receivers to one handset but as for telemetry across canbus Iā€™m not sure. I think that uart only works in a master slave config. Might be worth a thread really. Hit the search if you havenā€™t already and if you get no joy I would be creating a thread to get help on that. Its probably some thing a few people would like the answer to.

You can, just enable can but donā€™t enable the can control options. give each VESC an ID and your good to go.

3 Likes

So by that logic I could ostensibly connect a split ppm and use can bus for telemetry?

Much appreciated for the help! Best of both worlds w this setup.

Thanks again!!!

2 Likes

Sorry I miss understood what you wanted to do. Looks like @mmaner took care of ya

Will this plug work to charge a 12s battery? It says 30v max, but I havenā€™t found a higher rated one.

https://www.amazon.com/Lsgoodcare-Threaded-Connector-Adapter-Dustproof/dp/B06XRT5C2Q/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1543267022&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=5.5+2.1+power+jack&dpPl=1&dpID=51p3xXp7rOL&ref=plSrch

It should I have one on my 10s battery

1 Like

Is there a gauge requirement for the wire that bridges the xt90s female antispark connections?

12 gauge should be fine ten will be better