Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

The question which still open. Your bms can 120amp but also your battery? Which vesc/focbox you use? It’s with heatsink? Mounted outside or in an enclosure?

everything is interchangeable with everything in this place. Whether you can do it is another story.
Get a kegel wheel and see if you can drill your plate to fit. Maybe you can maybe you can’t. Betting you can but try and see. Welcome to the builders forum.

1 Like

Sorry forgot to mention, Flipsky 6.6 dual. And technically my battery is rated to 150amps but I’m shooting to stay within the limits of my bms 120a continuous discharge. My electronics are sufficiently cooled with a custom aluminum heat sink I made, it has 20x the surface area of the flipsky heatsink (which I removed). I can push my batteries limits easily with the thermal headroom I’ve added.

Edit: My electronics are sealed and waterproofed with a twist. It’s really hard to put into words so just take my word for it that it won’t get hot. I’ll be posting a completed build thread in a couple days!

Didn’t you answer your question already by yourself? :sweat_smile: Stay under your bms limit. You don’t want your bms to cut out under high load. I personally would start with Bat max 50a Bat min -12 to -20a depending on your battery. Motor max 60-80a depending on your motor rating Motor min to 50-55a

I was looking for something a little more in depth. I’ve read some horror stories about wrong settings and I use straps so I’d like to be as reliable as possible with all that.

What you want to know? Just stay under your bms limit and all is good… With 50a bat Max you good to go.

Start with 60/-60, 60/-15. Use BLDC, not FOC. Test and go from there. Look at throttle curves to control the jump off the line and brakes.

gear%20drive%2012s%20v1-1%20050218

gear%20drive%2012s%20v1%20throttle%20curve%20050118

3 Likes

I just ordered 2 focboxes. I’m now trying to decide my battery and motor combo.

I really want to get 2 190kv 6374s. Pair this w 12s4p in FOC mode is a disaster waiting to happen due to 60000 erpm limit. Correct?

Should I go with 10s instead or lower kv motor? I prefer FOC mode.

Focbox is tested to 100 000 erpm :wink:

Don’t play with my emotions brah. That’s just too good to be true. Sorry. Can’t help myself.

Could anyone confirm this?

Thanks a million!

1 Like

Oh yes its confirmed. Foc box is fine at 100000 erpm. 12s4p is also not a problem. Go for it. If you want some official confirmation we could tag the man himself

1 Like

So I just saw that surfrodz has 30% off. Now I’m wondering whether I should get those. I’m running caliber IIs now. Will my motor mount fit the surfrodz too? Is it a huge improvement?

What is RKP and TKP and Hybrid? Which one do I need for esk8?

1 Like

Current motor mount probably won’t work, idk what you have but I am guessing you don’t have the right one

No that won’t work

What do most of you guys use? Loop key or a switch? Perhaps both? Will you also need a fuse?

my charger is telling me i have only 1.9 amps on my 6s 5000mah lipo batteries and im not sure if thats an issue or not

Batteries are brand new btw

I think it’s personal preference. People with discharge bms will probably use the build in e-switch. People with a e-mtb where the battery is mounted on the top probably use loop key. People who want something reliable and give a sh… about how it looks will use loopkey People who want to have a stealthy look or waterproof will go for a push to start button Etc etc

Will drilling extra holes here affect my board/ break it quicker? I need it so I can fit x things