Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

So I’m wanting to extend my board range, Im running a 190kv belt motor with a ebay esc and a 10s2p I get about 10 miles on a charge, can I run another 10s2p in parallel to potential double my range ?

It looks right to me but if you want to send it to me I’ll take a closer look :rofl:. Dont forget to include the board behind it on the bench cause I might need to pull parts if I cant get it to work.

@moderators1 @mmaner Could this thread be pinned?

1 Like

I believe its been pinned in the past, but I dont know. @anorak234, @Namasaki?

I don’t see any issue with it being pinned. Probably better for newcomers to see this first too

4 Likes

Looks cool to me too. Shrink wrap that baby…the whole thing!

1 Like

Hey just wondering what the CAN bus cables are, what type of plug they are, so I just order them directly from ebay and not pay $15 shipping…australia :frowning:

its a 2.0 mm jst connector you would use them if you are building a dual and didnt want to use a ppm splitter.

@briman05 i do have a ppm splitter, its like a y shaped receiver plug, do i still need a can bus?

Nope it is either or

@briman05 I’ve heard that you need a canbus for traction control, is this true? is traction control necessary? also, I have a Bluetooth module, will I need a canbus to moitor the vesc properly?

Too funny. Send it to photomonkey

Traction control is only when one is a slave and one is a master. The split is where both are masters. I’m not sure about the blue tool though

With bluetooth you need to have canbus The bluetooth reads off the master set up so yes. Also traction control will only work on canbus because the set up has to be as one. With split ppm you are effectively utilising 2 separate systems.

1 Like

okay thankyou!

Wait so @dareno and @briman05 is it just a 4 pin jst 2.0mm plug? like this one? https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5Pcs-Mini-Micro-JST-2-0mm-PH-4-Pin-Male-Connector-Plug-Wires-Cables-200mm-Dy/263990817408?hash=item3d77143280:rk:1:pf:0

collections/electrical-connectors/products/torque-esc-can-bus-connector

this one will do the job. Compatible with most vesc.

DO NOT AND I MEAN DO NOT DISCONNECT IT WHILE THE VESCS ARE POWERED UP.

It stays connected no matter what. Glue it in.

hahaha okay i will, is this the same for the hall sensor cables?

i need to order it off ebay otherwise the shipping to aus is makes it wayy too expensive just for a plug and some wire.30%20am Will that ebay link work? is it the right cable?

No be careful with the sensor cables. They’re not standardised. If you need to extend the sensor cabling you are better off soldering your own extensions.

Trampa or mbs