Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

I can send you one though. What is your address?

pm me

I donā€™t know how urgent it is but if you donā€™t mind waiting hit me up.

1 Like

dude. thanks but I am ordering a bunch of these tiny little things so should be ok :slight_smile:

I sent the seller a message. lets see what he or she says. probably a she :rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Probably a stupid question, but when setting up Max battery current on a Master vesc in a dual setup. Will it split the total battery current between the two VESCs or double it? Example Max battery current setting = 20amps. Does that provide 10amps per vesc or 20amps per vesc?

I understand when doing motor detection that there should be no load on the motors. So does that mean nothing is attached to the motor such as belts and wheels?

hey guys. Quick questionā€¦ can somebody take a look at this and see if maybe i have a wire in the wrong placeā€¦

not sure what the problem is really; everything seems right.

19 Likes

Actual, hearty, full-bellied LOL!

3 Likes

Everything looks right to me. Did you pair the remote and receiver yet?

2 Likes

yeah, but iā€™m not getting a responseā€¦ and i donā€™t know if its firmware or what but iā€™m getting a bad detection result. I really thought using the brown cells would make it work. Where does the blue wire go? Is that part of the problem?

1 Like

Should I use two torque boards vescs or flipsky 4.20 dual on a 10s battery? Need a budget esc but still want a quality one

The blue wire should be split and put in series with all of your balance wires, as well as bridging the main output wires of your battery. Brown cells should work, maybe skatan red would be better for this application though?

5 Likes

Of those twoā€¦ Go with the TB vescs. The Flipsky ESC4.20DUAL 100 burned up on day one for us. At least with TB vescs you might get some time out of it. Use conservative settings.

2 Likes

Help, Iā€™ve looked a lot of places for a good and budget friendly mountainboard. Iā€™m willing to DIY it, as I have experience in model aircraft and cars, but everywhere I look has conflicting ideas. I want to ride it on the streets, but also be able to take it on the trails with a few friends who ride mountain bikes. Iā€™m no stranger to electronics and wiring, I just donā€™t know where to start and Iā€™m a bit overwhelmed.

no. you need to split the max amps to two controller by your own. so if you have a 80A battery, you need to set the master to bat max 40 and the slave to bat max 40

thatĀ“s the prefered way. Just mount the motor to your mounts and do the motor detection. than hook the pulley and belt up

1 Like

if you want a mountainboard that actually work fine on trails I guess budget is not what you should look for ā€¦ besides your budged is around 2000$ + :sweat_smile: You can look here, there sometimes nice boards on sale for a good price. Maybe a use MTB would be the right thing for you. You could go with a trampa or a MBS board and have a second set of wheels. one pneumatic, one urethan.

Where are you from?

You get to pick, one or the other. Entirely your choice

2 Likes

Really? How does one go into the slave settings on VESC tool? Iā€™ve always just set up the master, and then when I go to set up the slave, it has a pop up that says itā€™s ready to go. Is there a separate battery Max setting for the slave?

you need to do the motor setup for the master and for the slave. if you donĀ“t close the VESC/BLDC-Tool you can just download the same settings you used for the master to the slave without to type in everything again. Non the less you need to run through the motor detection for every vesc/focbox by there own.

Ok thanks!

1 Like