Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

What is the difference between using the can bus wire to connect two single VESC’s vs splitting the receiver cable and plugging it into both?

The splitter makes them both master vesc. The can cable makes one master and one slave.

Ohh, Whats wrong with 2 masters?

Nothing some people prefer to have traction control

Depends on what parts your looking at

Trucks board bindings wheels

Will a tighter and shorter belt (meaning closer to the wheel) help obtain a higher speed (electric longboard)?

No. Speed is a function of the pulley ratio and motor KV.

what would be a good pulley ratio to go for a top speed in the 20’s I have a 190 kv motor

Depends on the voltage you’re running at. I would suggest you read into how to calculate estimate speeds. Plenty of guides will walk you through all the variables you have to account.

mix it trucks - MBS/Trampa, depending if you like springs or not deck/hubs - trampa binding - mbs wheels - aliexpress

Superstar or hypa

superstar all the way. hypa are out of plastic and the nuts get hold only by that. I had multiple issues that it was hard to get off the nut as they rounded the hole which should fix and hold the nut.

you would take the cover holy pro or the one with rounded edges

what you mean with cover? the front and tail rounded or not?

Yes the normal deck same to mbs form

just chose the design you like better.

it is not relevant in terms of performance

Do you mean sometimes they’d have millisecond delays and the wheel spinup wont be exactly in sync?

I don’t know about any. The holy pro is just more light as there are cut outs. but if you want to mount your battery under the deck than you need to cover the holes in the holy pro. @trampa can say you what the reason for the two different designs

1 Like