Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

IMG_0790

I’m trying to open up my Silver Raptor 2 motors but don’t have enough power in my hands. I’m not destroying or warping the screws. It just won’t move. I already applied some wd40.

Should I wrench up for unlimited power?

I want too check if the insides are proper so I can attemt to run them sensorless untill I get a new set of motors under warranty. I suspect a faulty or loose sensor.

They might be glued in. Apply some heat and try again

1 Like

Is this correct ? This is a 12s bms charge only Bestech D140

1 Like

It’s written on the pcb close to the pins. b1-b12 :wink:

1 Like

Correct :+1:

1 Like

Oooh I see now lol for a moment I thought they were R instead of B :joy::joy: Thanks @legend27 @Andy87

2 Likes

If you want to balance charger 4 6s lipo packs in 12s4p config would you have to open up the cells to pair up parallel cells (connecting negative and positive terminals for each serial cell group) in order for a BMS to do it’s job? Or can you simply use the wires sticking out of the lipo packs?

Also, once you have your BMS installed correctly, can you use the same types of chargers you would use on a Li-Ion battery?

And finally are all Wh from LiPo packs pretty much equivalent range-wise? Example: is 10v 12ah the same as 12v 10ah for the range?

you don´t have to open up anything. you can use the main leads coming out the pack to set the packs in series and parallel. you use the balance wires out of the packs to connect ot your bms. if you don´t know how, just use the search function. There are a lot of information about it on here.

You can use the same charger you use for LiIon and Lipos. Both have the end voltage at 4.2V.

guys whats the best non flammable foam to use to cushion your battery in the enclosure?

3m has a fire blocking foam. You should look more for waterproof foam

1 Like

Anyone know where I can get some wheels/PU covers for 80mm hubs? They are the ones that come with Lou board and I don’t want to have to pay their prices or shipping.

Hello, Wowgo owner!

Very noobish question here;

Can I lightly ride on a bad motor bearing before I replace it? I’m very certain one of the bearings in my Carvons decided it’s time has come and now it doesn’t free spin as much compared to the other motor.

guys is there technical term for a can bus connector?

dont fancy paying 10 euro shipping on a 5 euro cable.

what can i look for on ebay?

Just get a two 2mm jst 4pin plugs from your local electronic shop and crimp your own. Should be not more than 1$

1 Like

If i buy the 4 pin version of this, is this it?

1 Like

That will work. Just cut the 1 and last wire. (Should work also with all, but you need only the two in the middle)

1 Like

You will need female to female.

Like the rest of us do.

Oh yeah.

4 Likes

That’s right! I didn’t read that :see_no_evil: the picture shows female plug thou :thinking:

1 Like

oh snap son. ordered already haha

it does show female to female though in the picture

weird

1 Like