Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Wow, thanks. I will give it a shot if I can find all those ingredients.

1 Like

Amazon is a life savoir. The crime scene stuff I just asked my local PD to see if I could buy some, cost me Ā£15 - worth the phone call.

1 Like

Local PD as the in the ā€œPolice Departmentā€? I donā€™t know that they would help me Buy crime scenes cleaning products, it is a little bit sketchy. How does it go on the phone? ā€œGood morning officer, I would like to purchase a couple of gallons of blood and DNA cleaning products please.ā€ :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

But really I will try to gather the stuff on the list. Thanks. Does it get rid of the gum even when it is dry?

4 Likes

Yup,

Yeah, pretty much, but I continued onto explaining into a little more detail.
When I was asking I told them how I manufacture extreme sport equipment, that gets absolutely covered in mud, dirt, and a high possibility of animal products - and how I was recommended by an ex-cop that I should try calling up and find what the CS cleanup crew uses. Worked a treat and now one of them owns his own esk8!

2 Likes

Sorry I missed your reply, thanks. Worth a try too.

1 Like

sorry for the late reply man. What sk8 and tb are you comparing? Mine are both 6374 190/192 Hk 192kv is 4400w peak output TB 190 is 3150 peak output Not that it matters they all use some sort of witchcraft to come up with those numbers. Like I said not much difference in performance imo

the mount plate is 35mm and 20mm respectively.

1 Like

Hey, Iā€™m using a focbox and maytech remote, when programming the ppm with the bldc tool, i need a pulse-width middle like what the vesc tool has. When i try to enter the minimum and maximum values, when i let go of the remote it does not rest in the middle on 0%. At the moment my current solution to this problem is changing the minimum value so 100% breaking is about half of way down the throttle and not pulling the stick all the way back.

hard to explain, does anyone have a solution to this??

If you in the ppm settings you can just push the trigger of your remote to the max, than to the min and than push the apply button. After that your remote should be centered.

@Andy87 Yeah I did that but it doesnā€™t centre it. In the vesc tool, it has a middle pulsewidth but the bldc tool only has min and max

unforunately i donĀ“t have a maytech remote. but i know with others you can adjust the center position via trim buttons on the remote. my gt2b i can center by pushing the fail safe button on the receiver while the trigger in middle possition. the aps remote i have calibrates the middle position always new when switched on according to the actual trigger position. on the maytech there is no trim or set button? also not on the receiver?

add on, just read your first post againā€¦ if i remember right, there was a pulswidth setting in bldc tool too. just a bit more tricky as you need to find the best value by our own. if thatĀ“s not working, why you not update firmware and use VESC tool?

@Andy87 I was using the Vesc tool and it cooked my Focbox and when I tried to get a warranty replacement, they said that I voided the warranty when I didnā€™t use the program provided by them. Apparently the vesc componentry is different to that of a focbox and it can break the focbox when you use a program designed for vesc not focbox. There isnā€™t any buttons on the receiver and only an on/off button on the remote. Annoying.

i know that @rich has a maytech remote, maybe he can help you. Sorry @rich for tagging, but i donĀ“t know anybody else at the moment.

1 Like

I can take a closer look later but as far as I remember I changed both values manually until zero throttle was in the middle. Switch to speed mode (LED fast blinking) on the remote before calibrating

2 Likes

@rich ahhhhh I wasnā€™t in fast mode! That was probably it, Iā€™ll give it a go in a couple weeks and pm you if anything is still going wrong(it will probably be fine tho)

2 Likes

For anyone who has the Maytech sealed sensored motors, do you have to mod the motorā€™s sensored wire to be able to plug into the focbox?

I think you need the 5-6 adapter

2 Likes

I think they pretty much the same. If yes, than you need a 1.5mm to 2mm jst adapter. You can find it on the website I linked too. Or just make your own.

1 Like

Guys. what the name of this cable/connector for the voltage meter?

SL1500

1 Like

JST 2.0 2 pin

3 Likes