Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

You can use 16 as a 8S2P.

Or 18 as a 6S3P

I’m not sure I would go below that. Technically, you could even do 7S1P but “Battery Current Max” would need to be 20A (with 30Q cells) and you won’t get 25mph+

@paulbriz all batteries are not equal. Listen to @b264, he knows his stuff. Esk8 is an expensive hobby, and the battery is usually the most expensive single part. Do not cheap out on your batteries. If you do, best case is that they don’t work. Worst case, they catch fire while you’re riding them.

There are hundreds of threads and dozens of tutorials on this site, and you really need to take the time to read this shit. It’s the difference between a great ride and having streetace.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the help ,

Oh holy mother of unproved deity.

4 Likes

Definitely is expensive, whould lipos be easier

Certainly easier to construct. Cheaper but not as long lasting, cycle wise.

This is a great thread for constructing a good lipo set up.

2 Likes

Aw thanks , 18650 should be the way for a daily rider

Absolutely. Best bang for your buck in the long run and proven. Lipo choice can be a lottery as can using unproven liion cells lol Get yourself some Samsung 30q and read all you can about construction. When you have read all you can then start over and read it all again. Good luck my friend

2 Likes

Is this the ones , before I buy 50 , it’s expensive just wanted to double check sorry for being a pain Screenshot_20190120-224001

1 Like

Yes those are the good ones. Get flat top not button top

If you’re not in EU use ru.nkon.nl

In EU use eu.nkon.nl

1 Like

Thanks man IM , in England , if any one needs advice on decks and 3d printing I’ll be able to help@

1 Like

you dont really need 50 if you are just starting of, a 10s4p (40 cells) or 10s3p should already do the trick. especially if you have one motor then 10s3p is more than enough.

Also for one of my friends , I miy give my self 10s 3p or 12s2p

50 would make a 10S3P and a 10S2P

1 Like

or 2x 12s2p with some fuckup space :expressionless:

1 Like

But using 12S leave no fuckup space for blowing ESCs

1 Like

Can you please explain fuck up space please

Order 50 cells and make a 10S2P and 10S3P

Ok thank you when you talk about ,uck up with 12s what do you mean , just more info for me

My battery currently has a xt60 but only the female piece, I have an extra xt90, can I just cut the xt60 off and replace with the xt90 without any problems?