Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

50 would make a 10S3P and a 10S2P

1 Like

or 2x 12s2p with some fuckup space :expressionless:

1 Like

But using 12S leave no fuckup space for blowing ESCs

1 Like

Can you please explain fuck up space please

Order 50 cells and make a 10S2P and 10S3P

Ok thank you when you talk about ,uck up with 12s what do you mean , just more info for me

My battery currently has a xt60 but only the female piece, I have an extra xt90, can I just cut the xt60 off and replace with the xt90 without any problems?

Yea of course you can , connectors Donā€™t affect anything

1 Like

Replacing the connector on your battery is extremely dangerous and can cause a structure fire if you donā€™t know exactly what youā€™re doing

Generally you want to do only one wire at a time and completely finish it and insulate it with heatsrink before you cut loose the other wire.

3 Likes

Perhaps , when you see solder one half put tape on there terminal to eliminate any risk of short circuit

1 Like

So, just cut one wire, attach it to the xt90 then cut the other one and attach it? Heat shrink being put on throughout

Just make sure one wire goes all the way to ā€œcompletely done, and insulatedā€ before you touch the other wire at all.

Also if you solder on the XT90 it helps to keep them plugged together so the pins donā€™t bend when they get hot.

2 Likes

Gotcha, thanks!

1 Like

Just bought the UNITY!!! :heart_eyes: although my wallet is not to happy

What do you mean by fuck up space?

Extras in case you mess some up.

Couldnā€™t you cut one wire wrap it in electric tape for temporary then cut the other lead and tape that. Then start to solder them.

replied to the wrong guy ninja edit

Not so ninja fml

Also put a female on there not a male. Much harder to short a female and for the confusion aspect the gender refers to the pins not the casing

image female.

Thats better

3 Likes

Question for everybody recommending wera hex plus - do any of you have hands on experience as to how well Bondhus holds up compared to them?

Just curious as I got the Bondhus about two years ago, just before I started reading into Esk8. Havenā€™t used them heavily, but they holding up great so far.

1 Like