Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

so 12s it is then. that website you showed me is really good. just trying to do this as cheap but buy buying good copanmants

At 12S, you will need about 240 or 252 cells in the battery.

1 Like

1548018638978751786786 Ok so I have to buy 24 sumsang batry , to get anything good out of it , just wondering, don’t the boosted board only has 12 battery

They aren’t laptop cells. Laptop cells aren’t high-drain cells.

2 Likes

Well that’s a rainbow battery :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Happened to me as well, @rich recommended to buy a special set of allen keys that won’t round the bolts in first place, it’s Wera 073593 But when it happens you can buy Trend Grab it pro it’s something similar to what @angeljmm recomennded but it has a drill in it as well, which can actually undo the screw before you use the other part. You can watch videos for tricks how to use it etc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mTFQbaT3Zc

2 Likes

:arrow_up: this. So much this

Buy the Wera Hex Plus wrenches. They’re expensive. We know. Trust us.

5 Likes

I do not get what you mean, are you saying they something different, rainbows are pretty

Yeah they do but they have LiFePO4 cells capable of 100A not 5A laptop ones…

1 Like

So were chould I buy them exact ones , quite supriseing I had no stripped screws , I thought it was a good way for people with out spot welders

It is a good way – if you put flat top Samsung 30Q cells from ru.nkon.nl in there, it will work great.

You need a BMS though

Whould you trust ebay for the 30q are they the best ones , I had a BMS on or , but it did not seem to work with the battery , motor just spins for a sec then whole thing turns off

Why are you using shitty laptop batteries instead of li ion cells like the 30q or hg2 or use lipos

I wouldn’t trust eBay to have genuine 30q batteries

1 Like

That’s because the cells sagged under 2.8V and the BMS shut it off to protect your cells from damage. Without it, your cells will get damage.

You can buy one of these small 18650 chargers(usually 4 cell/channel) that will measure the capacity.

So sagging is a terperory voltage drop

1 Like

Aw that’s a shame , they had a good price in ecar for 30

Yes, it’s caused by excessive current draw. Better cells do this less than worse cells. Newer cells do this less than older cells (>100 discharge cycles). New and better cells hardly do this at all.

Generally if the price is to good it is not legit batteries or they maybe legit but damaged.