New designed a motor mount for sale, looking for review

In my experience that’s not where they bend, the bend once the mount gets thin so the bars there would be of little to no use.

Ok, then let me put it this way, I already have the rods connecting both mounts, they helped me to mount them aligned and I didt experience any bending.

Still I’d like to have the dimensions to make a encoder holder…

1 Like

@dickyho is on business trip right now, he wont be back till Dec. 21st so i dont know if he will answer you before then, just putting it out there.

1 Like

@dickyho could you let me know if the “Dual motors longboard skateboard controller with ESC Substitute” can work with only one motor setup? Thinking of adding a second one later on, just not now. I’m speaking in regards to the belt driven 10S option. I’m pretty new in the eSk8 community so sorry if the answer might be common knowledge.

And for that matter, if anyone that sees this has experience with this dual motor controllers please feel free to answer me.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

I would go with yes. It will be pretty underpowered with only a single motor but as long as you tape up the unused phases you should be fine

Hi. yes, the dual esc can only connect with one motor work as a single esc.

Why would that be? I was thinking of starting with a single 6374 belt motor powered by 10S2P battery and then later on add the second. From my understanding a 6374 has enough torque and good speed for use as single drive.

Would really appreciate some feedback

Nice. Thanks for the reply

Hey my friend, its not the motor thats the problem its that esc. Its factory programmed for 18 amp per motor. Thats it. It will be very underwhelming with a single motor. You would be better off buying the programmable vesc and adding another later on.

1 Like

Thanks @dareno! How did miss that :zipper_mouth_face: I’m would be really interested in using a VESC, specially due to the importance of it’s function. Just trying to make an affordable build. And the VESC prices have gone up a lot recently… are you aware of any good ones around 100$?

Theres a multitude of 4.12 vescs out there at the moment all around that price. Try Hobby king. I’ve used them and they are a nice strong unit. @dickyho has the maytech version which is also good but a bit more money. The cheapest atm is the torque boards though and again I use them and they work well collections/esc-speed-controller/products/torque-esc-bldc-electronic-speed-controller

1 Like

You also have the sale for the focbox for 99 (in Australia though, so shipping is an extra expense)

I qm about to buy two Flipsky 4.12 vescs from aliexpress. Half price currently, around 45 usd for each (please note some has reported these to be 4.10 not 4.12, I cant say yet as mine has not yet arrived)

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cYg5X7is.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the help @dareno and @sanderfu I actually just bumped into @dickyho maytech VESC as you were saying. Didn’t know about the Torque one, or Hobbyking’s. I’ll look into them to sort out which one to get.

1 Like

Since I live in Europe, the Torque VESC will not be a good option because the shipping is expensive. Might as well go to dickyho’s since it’s better and the shipping is free. Will be cheaper than ordering Torque’s definitely!

1 Like

Its a maytech and they are a decent unit. Been around for a while too. Good luck

1 Like

I have used the Flipsky 4.12 and as long as you don’t use it on 12s FOC it’s a very solid ESC. If you look carefully you can find it on eBay for ~$60USD

1 Like

One of my mounts is very loose even after I’ve tightened everything that I can… Am I just missing something? This video should illustrate a bit of what I’m talking about

Definitely not tightened as much as it should be. Only one side of the clamp is threaded so make sure that the threaded end is on the outer side of the bolt, if that makes sense. Tighten the bolt fully before adding the nut or tightening the two grub screws

2 Likes

There’s a nut… It doesn’t matter if he uses the threads or not.

But if he uses the threads correctly then the mount should be 99% tight before even using the nut