New designed a motor mount for sale, looking for review

I want to know the same as you about the Hummie deck. I currently have the short Caliber 2 mounts, but I’m doing a new build with a Hummie deck soon. I think they maybe reverse mountable if they don’t fit in under forward mounted.

1 Like

I currently have the short mounts reversed on Caliber 2’s. It’s not ideal especially on 83mm wheels, but it works. Not sure about the Humid deck part though

Can mount under but not drop through

Yes! I got it working with a dual Turnigy Sk3 6374 192kv motors, but by the skin of my teeth. Nearly no margin/give. Make sure to get some spacers and then get a few washers from the hardware store to get the wheels as far apart as you can because you’ll need it. Both of my motors are rear mounted and there’s about half a millimeter between the motors. I have 15mm belts and the motor pulleys are about 1 millimeter from the end of the motor shaft. I considered getting dickyho’s gears, but they have two millimeters of extra material each and it wouldn’t have fit.

since I use TB motors, that are a bit shorter, i have a good 2cm gap from motor cans with 15mm belts :slight_smile:

Yea, let me know how yours go. I’m still waiting for all of my parts. In the meantime, I’ve just been reading a lot here.

1 Like

@dickyho

What’s the difference between the short and long mounts?

The length. :smile:

8 Likes

the short one is short, the long one is longger…

short one is with 78mm centre to centre, long one 95mm

10 Likes

Quote of the year

14 Likes

Love it.

The question is which is better for reverse mounting, short or long?

Or is the length only helpful with larger wheels?

Maybe you need the longer mounts for reverse mounting so you can still access the bushings, but idk if the short mounts are good enough for that

the long one is better for reverse mounting. and of cause good for big wheels, I have a 145mm wheel that works good with the long mount.

When will we be able to buy the short motor mounts? I don’t need the pulleys, only the motor mount.

You can run smaller wheels with the longer mount but if you are thinking about 107s+ the longer mounts would be necessary. I *think• those Bergmeister hubs or Trampa Gummies may even work

I assume long mount uses longer belts also?

1 Like

C’mon man…

3 Likes

Sorry for the newb question. I’m pretty green w DIY. I had ordered 255 265 275mm belts. I was hoping to pair this w jlabs mounts but he’s out of stock. Then somewhere in this thread I read people are using 290mm, 300mm. I got confused. Then factor in long vs short mounts. So this made me scratch my head.

I could potentially just use the idlers to get the belts “snugged” on the pulleys. I’m just worried about having too short of a belt for these mounts if I were to get them.

1 Like

you need to calculate what size belt you need https://www.bbman.com/belt-length-calculator/

2 Likes

Link please?

1 Like