New designed a motor mount for sale, looking for review

I have seen them on TB218 trucks and it didn’t seem to fit very well. I would measure the exact position and then file the truck to it’s near perfect shape to achieve a half decent seat. Finally glue the mounts to the hanger using a metal compatible epoxy. Very unlikely they will ever get loose.

I just had to file a tiny amount from the flat side of the circle bit. When I say tiny amount i mean maybe 0.1 of a mm, if that.

This part here: Capture

It took 5 minutes to do 2 and they fit spot on after that.

Once fitted they have never come loose. I just used loctite on the screws so they don’t vibrate loose.

1 Like

I did without filing anything, i did the coin trick, take out the long screw from the clamp and insert it from the opposite side and slip a coin and start tightening the screw to open the clamp just enough to slide it on the TB truck, just like in these pictures, but, becarefull, dont open the clamp so much that you can damage it.image image image image image image image image image image

10 Likes

Want to order two long mounts from @dickyho but cannot, because his EBay doesn’t ship to Lithuania… Are you still here Dickyho?

Hi. yes, I am here,I can ship to Lithuania.

1 Like

I wrote you a few PMs so I wondered if you’re still there…

Sorry, I must missed it, I have absence for a few days, got many messages…

let me check!

1 Like

Is it possible to do a small run of mounts that are thicker and made of a stronger metal? I’d be in for 2

I got the long mount with the stronger metal and haven’t noticed any issues at all

1 Like

What’s the current design shape and material?

1 Like

already did that, all mounts will have 6mm thickness for next bunch. and I have some overall 12mm mounts for sell now.

the current design are: Paris short mount , old material, 6mm thick Paris long mount , old material, 6mm thick Caliber short mount , refined material 5mm thick Caliber long mount , refined material 6mm thick

4 Likes

afbeelding I would be in for long versions with better material/thicker mounts like this, I think there are a lot of people that can find a lathe and make the crossbars themselfs :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

A user above has shared a 3D printable rear mount guard that has so far served me well

yeah but two rods as crossbars does look a bit better imo

1 Like

Agreed, I plan on adding those to my setup eventually

1 Like

When will the refined caliber mounts be ready to order?

the caliber mounts already in refined material many days ago.

I’m only interested in the mount (not kit), but I only see the long version on your store: https://www.m.ebay.ca/itm/CNC-motor-long-mount-for-50-63-motors-for-DIY-eskate-electric-skateboard-/323427418037?nav=SEARCH&varId=512514871550

Where can I find the short one for Caliber? Do you have short ones in black?

I actually don’t know the advantages of long vs short…

Does anyone have these mounts on a hummie Deck? If so, do you have the long or short version?

I’m trying to figure out if this fits on either caliber II 50 deg or Paris w 6355 motor using 16t 36t gearing.