New designed a motor mount for sale, looking for review

Possibly will arrange tomorrow, but this vendor works slow, normally I need to get them for a week…

Maybe you could offer a discount on the new stronger mount to people who already bought the softer version? I would be up for buying 2 more.

1 Like

Good idea, how to tell who already bought the softer version? this mount the selling profit is low already, so can have discount for every one.

1 Like

Message you via ebay or something on those lines.

So is the longer mount harder material?

OK, will look into it.

yes, the long mount is harder material +anodized.

You could also make a version without idlers with around 75mm center to center. This way you can leave 5mm thickness but still use harder material. Also this mount could fit better with short wheelbase decks that need all the space for the enclosure. Why not making 2 version, 50xx and 63xx? Edit: if you make the design simple, no extra holes or funny shapes, the machining time and money should be less, so less investment, more profit

Thanks for the advise. yes, good idea to make 2 simple version short mounts. will try to make the design…

2 Likes

I would also be happy to buy a couple more if the material gets fixed

Hi @dickyho are all long mount with harder material? So the one I bought a while would be with harder material?

the Caliber long mounts are harder material, but the Paris long mounts are not.

Just don’t change the pulley to pulley dimension on the short version. I don’t want to have to purchase new belts or a different pulley cover :slight_smile:

Sign me up for 2 new mounts of the short version. I’d be happy to pay full price, even though I’ve already purchased the older version.

You’re right, dude.

5mm puts the belt into the wheel:

Half of that distance is about right. Looking at it more closely, if the motor mounting surface material were a little thicker, it would bring my motor pulley closer in, allowing me to push the entire motor mount closer to the wheel pulley.

That’s good I got Caliber mount, I have found they are very good, but I haven’t used them much yet

you could also change those socket head m4 screws to a flat profile screw. alternatively, @dickyho could make a mount with a recess for the screws to sit in.

i think you can definitely push your mount 1mm more, you still have a tiny bit of room from the screws to your pulley :stuck_out_tongue:

I was thought that socket head screws are more strong, can cave into the aluminum, makes them not easy to loose. actually, if for 63 motors, this mount designed to to use 3 socket head m4 screws + 1 mushroom head screw to fasten the motor, in that case the socket head screws will not interfere with the belt or the pulley.

making recess for the screws to sit in, this need to both side milling, increased cost, and also need to increase the thickness…

Yeah youre right, milling both sides is indeed going to increase cost. Probably make the part thicker, with a min 6mm would be better since you have to mill 2mm lesser… what alu are these made out off btw?

yes,I do very wanted to make it 6mm…

2 Likes

Oh damn haha. Coolz good to know

Are you saying that your vendor didn’t use the correct aluminum? Does that mean that all production runs were done incorrectly? Or is there a chance that some batches did use 6061?

that was just I assume, I actually not sure!