New designed a motor mount for sale, looking for review

possibly some not installed good that due to the bent.

Keep listening to us and youā€™ll have more profit :wink:

Itā€™s pretty impressive that you have already sold 1000 mounts and only have a handful of complaints. Sounds to me like there must be good batches and bad batches.

It might be worth finding a new vendor that is more reliable with sourcing the correct materials and hitting higher tolerances. Youā€™ve got a really good design. I honestly think that there is a lot more room to charge more if you can guarantee better tolerances and stronger materials.

1 Like

The price is right thatā€™s why people are buying including myself. All that is needed is the correct material.

There are some well over priced mounts out there and @dickyho has increased market competition which is always good. Thanks Dicky.

2 Likes

Let us know as soon as you have the Caliber short mount in 6mm version. Iā€™ll buy one right away. :smiley:

Iā€™m using 2 blue mounts on dual 6374 motors and they havenā€™t benmiles on them. still going strong, i also bought the last batch of mount thats raw aluminum color but havenā€™t tested yet. I think the last batch of mounts are the ones having the issue of bending.

1 Like

Can you make one with 25mm diamter for the motor screws? and 18mm for the trucks?

ebay

Becouse I have this motor

https://cdn-global-hk.hobbyking.com/media/file/s/k/sk3-5055_dt4030-14p_motor_edited_.pdf

@dickyho, any plans to make the same mount from a better material? Iā€™m one of the people that seems to have received the bad batch, would you give a discount on the new mounts to people like myself? Thanks!

1 Like

If you buy the longer mounts, they are made with a better material, I can say that they definitely are a harder aluminum than the short one

Iā€™m already designing something so I can use a crossbar, Ill upload photos once Iā€™m done.

Do you have a pic of what the long mount looks like mounter in your board? As Iā€™m considering them as mine are the soft short ones.

IMG_20181023_064213 IMG_20181023_064206 Literally exactly the same but longer, they just seem to not scratch up as easily

2 Likes

There quite long i guess you can add idlers to them without the wheel getting in the way is it a 90mm wheel?

Thatā€™s an 83mm wheel, there is tons of room for an idler

The longer mounts might be good for use with pneumatics? still give room without the motor shaft interfering with the wheel

Hi, I was curious to know which aluminum grade would you suggest? I see some people are using 6061 and others 7075 and always wondered if those werenā€™t just overkill.

i am gonna be honest, i think design and material thickness is also very important, not just what type. i will do some work of my own soon and can report back.

1 Like

yes, I think so. is the right to have discount for people who already bought the soft one.

3 Likes

Very nice of you :heart_eyes:

I did checked with 7075 already, too expensive.

the inproved mounts already on production now. it is with 6061 aluminum, anodized, thickness increased to 4.5mm.

Now I am thinking this design is not good enough, 4mm aluminum sheet indeep can not handle all situationsā€¦,